PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I have a Savinelli Churchwarden and a Savinelli Clarks Favorite. I get to them about every other week. They're both a very nice smoke.

winterland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Minneapolis
One Luna Churchwarden as in my avatar but I lost it. My new one is the same has an acrylic stem. Smoked 3 bowls at our Minnesota Renaissance Festival yesterday. Was a great day. Q-1/BCA blend, Haflings leaf, Dan Tobacco Sweet vanilla Honeydew.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
I have a Peterson that was a gift from a friend but i have not been able to enjoy it as yet due to the ghost that resides within it. Oh boy and what a ghost. 4 salt and booze treatments and i have smoked around 12 bowls of 1792 through it and the ghost is just LAUGHING at me :D

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I have a Vauen, but I usually smoke it with the shorter stem.

vauen1.jpg

I have a Savinelli. I smoke it once or twice a week.

Savinelli.jpg

And I have a clay, smoked only occasionally.

clay600.jpg

physiognomy

Lurker
Aug 15, 2012
USA
I have a Peterson that I enjoy about 2-3 times a month during the winter. I would probably smoke it more if I didn't have several good pipes dedicated to VA blends. Churchwardens are great for sitting by the fire with a good book or watching a movie.
Fireside.jpg

plet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2012
Denmark
Stanwell H.C. Anderson no.1. Smoke it a few times a month. For me smoking churchwardens is even more relaxing than smoking a regular pipe :puffy:

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I recently picked up a Brebbia Lectura.... I had to have at least one churchwarden in my meager "collection". :puffy:
Since I am recovering from tongue bite (or possibly scorched tongue as some have suggested) I have been favoring it, smoking daily for right now. The length takes getting used to but I do feel it delivers a cooler smoke.
002-009-2019.jpg

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I have three. A lions head meer. A clay. And a Peterson racing green. Dont smoke them too often but they are Nice when I am in the mood.

38d07cef4fcd6f34da0beff952b03c7f.jpg

55059d4e294412fa9de6270545d45300.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I have one. Racing Green Peterson Churchwarden. I'm still breaking it in at the moment.
The bowl gets so damn hot I have to hold it like a cigar.
I love it though. I smoke it every other day.
I'll post a pic when I get home... Photobucket doesn't want to work properly on this computer.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
They are a gorgeous pipe but as Spartan said, it gets really hot, the bowl is not very big and it gets too hot to hold no matter what you smoke in it. But its a fun smoke.

logandow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
I only have one but it's currently being lent to a friend because his mother threw his pipe out when he moved out.

clyde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2012
Have two churchwardens. Cannot remember the last time either one was smoked. Don't know why not.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I have two meer churchwardens, one briar church warden, and one cob warden. I smoke the cob and the briar I would say over half the time. The meers not so much, I like them but I have to have a cloth so I don't touch the meer, very cumbersome.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
One Peterson rusticated Dublin style churchwarden, which I smoke a couple of times a month. I have a Pete prince style that I smoke rarely, and a Brebbia that I forgot I had. Also, I have Goudewaagen clay in the original box, and I have only smoked Blockade Runner in it a few times.

I like them, but a CW needs to be held and I need my hands for too many other things, even while smoking. The longest pipe I smoke regularly is a Bing's Favorite.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
rigmedic1 I would love to see your Brebbia. That is my favorite brand and I have never seen a churchwarden.

Status
Not open for further replies.