PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
So sorry about "idle speculation." Sometimes called conversation in other contexts.
Your posts and the other chuckleheads chiming in are slinging mud. Get real. Let’s call a spade a spade. When you piss on people and try to tell them it’s raining, do you really expect them to believe you? Disingenuous af

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
When things get resolved, I’m going to attend the next Chicago show. So miss the fellowship & excitement from prior events. Last show I attended was 2009. The preshow activities were a blast. Brad Pohlman carved pipe for me called The Colonel & bought it before the opening morning. So light for it’s size, gorgeous crisp blast.

This is the shape, but in a black blast

Also Picked up a new handmade Kaywoodie from Bill Furbaugh (owner of KW). It’s a replica of a 98b, dark beautiful blast, amazing deal.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Your posts and the other chuckleheads chiming in are slinging mud. Get real. Let’s call a spade a spade. When you piss on people and try to tell them it’s raining, do you really expect them to believe you? Disingenuous af

Yes, by all means let’s call a spade a spade. My posts consisted of information and analysis, not speculation. As you’d know if you read the linked article the auction did in fact fail to result in a sale and the clarity the Chicago club seeks. Whether and how that might change in the future is anyone’s guess, although the alternatives are easily inferred analytically. But even beyond facts and analysis there is always room for informed speculation in any intelligent discussion.

For example, mso and others have observed that every day that goes by without an announced venue has the potential to damage the show’s attendance and number of exhibitors; and as mso also pointed out a sale and a close are two different things. Even if there are no “outs” in a real estate deal property doesn’t change hands in a day. Neither of those points is idle speculation, and neither is slinging mud; both are real issues that underscore the risks associated with delay.

What most people are saying is a combination of fact, reasonable analysis, and informed speculation. There’s a phrase for blaming people who offer fact, analysis and informed speculation that you don’t want to hear; it’s called shooting the messenger. That must be a pretty popular pastime where you come from. I’m beginning to think it isn’t really “idle speculation” you’d censor if you had the power. I suspect it’s any commentary from people interested in the largest show in the pipe world beyond “awesome” “way to go” and “I know you guys will do it”. In short, cheerleading, not discussion.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
What the devil are you on about? Just say exactly what the problem is and what the solution is and then we'll know. It's not hard.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
My $0.02, nothing wrong with either analysis or best wishes. Goal is to get the show up & running. Possible options or solutions needs to be the focus.

Reactions: condorlover1

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
The butthurt is strong.
Surpassed only by the assholiness. You and rest on this thread can blow me. If you don’t like me telling you that, you’ll need to tell me in person as I’ll leave this thread to you and the rest of the cackling dumbshits. Whatever the opposite of “nothing personal” is, it applies to this statement.
In advance of anyone else that wants to respond to me, you may blow me as well.

• Haha
Reactions: hauntedmyst

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Surpassed only by the assholiness. You and rest on this thread can blow me. If you don’t like me telling you that, you’ll need to tell me in person as I’ll leave this thread to you and the rest of the cackling dumbshits. Whatever the opposite of “nothing personal” is, it applies to this statement.
In advance of anyone else that wants to respond to me, you may blow me as well.
Hey Ron,
I’ll be sure to give you a smooch in person at the show. See you there. Post a pic so I know who I’m looking for. I’ve got plenty up, check the “what are you smoking “thread. Come find me.
best regards,
-Brian

PS: Yanks suck.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
And also making observations and comments in a discussion thread isn’t being an asshole. You, my friend, are the one stepping into this realm. Welcome to the jungle.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
What's a chuckle head?
Perfect example in full chuckle:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.