PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'd love to see more pictures. I was hoping to attend this year, but it just wasn't in the cards. And as it so happens, due to a sudden emergency at work, I would have had to cancel at the last minute even if I had booked the flight and a room. So let's see some more pix!

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
It was great to meet many of the forum members this show. Cheers to all. Here are a few pictures. Mary Walter (@BriarWitch) did a great job capturing some high resolution images.
93E5ZHA.jpg

ae2AVAn.jpg

QUdjw8W.jpg

Kathy And Shaun From Cup O' Joe's. GREAT PEOPLE!

iWTnYdt.jpg

Pre Show

j3NSliF.jpg

Early morning today, cleaning up after the late party.

VyOUoYf.jpg

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I picked up a few tins of Cornell & Diehl’s Virginia/Oriental they made especially for the show. I can’t wait to try it; maybe next year’s show would be a good time and place to crack open the first tin

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Did they charge you, Lucky? I don’t smoke in our cars, so when I get home from a cigar shop or pipe event, I park the car in the garage with the windows open. I have FreshWave sachets that I sometimes use, too. Gotta keep my bride happy!

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I had a shopping frenzy in Chicago. Love Rad Davis and saw a number. The pipe guys were dealing a bit but I also think they raise their initial price expecting to negotiate. Left to right, top to bottom: Martin Cermak (green & white piece is a mammal tooth), Rad Davis, Rad Davis (I actually had this one come in from eBay. Treasure Pipes awful photos had me miss the wax in the blast. Off to Briarville), Alexander Pipes out of KC, Rad Davis, Dani Gamboni, Jose Rubio Dragon Scales blast, Kolyo Demirev and Ryan Alden.
Met a lot of people. Aside from rather frigid temperatures in the smoking tent, had a great time.
chicago-pipes-600x279.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
It was great seeing Mark again this year. Hoosier did indeed have a great haul of pipes.
I also got to meet @Chillucky and few other members of the CPCC. And I know there were others, just can't remember everyone. Great group of guys. Craig is still the Baron though!

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
Craig - I just double checked the receipt. I wasn't charged anything extra. I told her I was at a cigar thing. I never smoked in the car, but I also didn't change my shirt.
Either she believed me or she didn't care. Whatever the reason, no extra fees were assessed.
The new rental car 'terminal' at O'Hare is pretty nice. I just wish one of the shuttle buses went to the Rosemont El stop. It's a pain to have to backtrack thru the airport and pay the $5 ride price from the origin.

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
Petty complaints aside, I wanted to say this publically: I had a fantastic time at the show. I bought no pipes and no tobacco. Outside of my table fee (laughable compared to craft/street fair prices to show off furniture in a big city) and the ticket to the fancy Saturday dinner, which was great, I spent $8.50 on drinks in the smoking tent.
Yet I still feel like I came away with things I will cherish for a lifetime. I got to speak at length with 4 of the 6 master blenders in attendance about growing, curing, grading, and using tobacco. I got to smoke a pipe with old friends and new, participating in and just listening to conversations about life, philosophy, pipe making, pipe smoking, and every thing else.
I felt taken care of by the organizers and supported by the attendees. I didn't sell much, but I never heard an unkind word about what I had brought to show. Long story short - even if you can only come for a day because of your schedule, or can only find $10 spare bucks over gas and the ticket price to get in, it's absolutely worth visiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.