PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
So what is everyone chewing today? I have an open block of Bear of the Woods and some Mammoth Cave Twist. Any advances on that one?

I sniffed Packard's Club Snuff to get my day going. Working from the home office today, so after I finish this pipe of FVF, I'll slice up some Mammoth Cave for the corn cob pipe - haven't smoked that one in a while.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Great idea, let’s make it a “What Are you Chewing/Snuffing” thread.
For some reason, conversations/threads regarding snuff on this forum never seemed to have gained much interest. Dip yes, snuff no.

I confess to never have chewed tobacco in my life! Like most English gentlemen I suppose, we’re just too ‘dapper for the dip’. I mean, can you imagine walking down the high street & blowing kisses to all the admiring ladies, only to have tobacco juice dribbling down all over one’s Cecil Gees? Good Lord, no.

Love my snuff though!
Today I’ve been on Wilson’s of Sharrow Royal George.
IMG_7898.gif

DurinsRest

Lurker
Aug 13, 2022
I also really enjoy days work and black xxx irish twist. And funny enough if your feeling frisky orlik golden sliced oddly chews very very well.

Reactions: Steddy

DurinsRest

Lurker
Aug 13, 2022
For some reason, conversations/threads regarding snuff on this forum never seemed to have gained much interest. Dip yes, snuff no.

I confess to never have chewed tobacco in my life! Like most English gentlemen I suppose, we’re just too ‘dapper for the dip’. I mean, can you imagine walking down the high street & blowing kisses to all the admiring ladies, only to have tobacco juice dribbling down all over one’s Cecil Gees? Good Lord, no.

Love my snuff though!
Today I’ve been on Wilson’s of Sharrow Royal George.
View attachment 311671
I need to get some wilsons sharrow I've been on a SG golden glow

DurinsRest

Lurker
Aug 13, 2022
Not as active here as I once was but I try to help when I can.
giphy.gif

minerLuke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2023
Vancouver BC
Can “Spittoon Acquisition Disorder” be far behind?

There's no need to spit. I just tuck a small pinch of Stoker's Long Cut or a cut a small coin of twist and tuck it in the pocket of the gum above my teeth. You just tuck it into a little ball with your tongue and then enjoy the flavor and I never need to spit. In fact when I took up chewing again after many years not I was doing it discreetly for almost a year before my wife even noticed. She would be horrified if I had spit cups around and was spitting all over etc like some guys do it.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Anyone here notice that Levi Garret Plug tastes different from the non-plug variety? It might be the paper wrapper they put around the plug to hold it together?

chefmike

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2021
Colorado Springs, CO
I really like to put in a bit of Redburn. I have had a long love affair with Cope. No other taste like it to me. But I tend to chew a bit more than my appetite for what is charged for a tin. RYO was the same: nothing by PS Amsterdam shag. In a pipe never seems the same. Honestly Newminster slices has the flavor I crave more than the PS Amsterdam ribbon or shag in a pipe. So is there a Copenhagen pipe tobacco comp?

Last edited:
Reactions: Steddy

Uguccione

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2024
Italy
But how do you manage to chew that stuff?
When I smoke pipe, if a piece of tobacco goes into my mouth, I almost feel like vomiting.