PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
But how do you manage to chew that stuff?
When I smoke pipe, if a piece of tobacco goes into my mouth, I almost feel like vomiting.
As of late I compress it and dip it, meaning I don’t really chew it. Kind of squeeze it to get a little juice out of it or just touch it with my tongue. I’m still playing around with all this so there is your “new guy” disclaimer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uguccione

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
I really like to put in a bit of Redburn. I have had a long love affair with Cope. No other taste like it to me. But I tend to chew a bit more than my appetite for what is charged for a tin. RYO was the same: nothing by PS Amsterdam shag. In a pipe never seems the same. Honestly Newminster slices has the flavor I crave more than the PS Amsterdam ribbon or shag in a pipe. So is there a Copenhagen pipe tobacco comp?
After reading this I had to try Redburn. Really tasty, I just compressed it and put it in my lower jaw.

I have no help for you on the Cope/pipe tobacco comparison. I’m thinking it’s got to have some Dark Fired in it.

chefmike

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2021
Colorado Springs, CO
After reading this I had to try Redburn. Really tasty, I just compressed it and put it in my lower jaw.

I have no help for you on the Cope/pipe tobacco comparison. I’m thinking it’s got to have some Dark Fired in it.
True on the dark fired: I love a bit of dark fired in a blend. Burley flake #3, ODF, Kendall Kentucky. Mmmm. And I would agree: some pipe tobacco is not mouth worthy. Casing or topping perhaps?

Reactions: Steddy