PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Uguccione

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2024
Italy
Have anyone heard anything of another now closed Italian artisan maker of Capitello Pipes and how those compare to say Castello or Radice brand pipes?
What little is known about it can be found on pipedia: Capitello - Pipedia - https://pipedia.org/wiki/Capitello
Even in Italian forums little is said about it. It seems that Enzo Galluzzo started working at Ascorti and then left early due to disagreements (I don't know if there was even a legal case between the two).
There are few Capitello pipes around because production lasted very little. Those who have them speak about them in very positive terms.
The style of the shapes reminds me a lot of Castello.
On the mouthpiece they have a golden oval or the design of a capital, also golden; or nothing because the symbol faded easily (lol).
Be careful that online you can find pipes with the name Capitello but they have nothing to do with the production of Enzo Galluzzo.

Reactions: briarblues

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
Southern U.S.A.
Had a Castello for a while. It was given to me by Bradley @tbradsim1 and it smoked great. I lost it in the divorce as it was in our overseas apartment and she isn't giving me anything from that house. When I get "rich" I'll get another one.
My sympathies. I knew a guy who got a divorce and his x took all his pipes and told him she did it because she knew he liked them. :(

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Had a Castello for a while. It was given to me by Bradley @tbradsim1 and it smoked great. I lost it in the divorce as it was in our overseas apartment and she isn't giving me anything from that house. When I get "rich" I'll get another one.
My sympathies. I knew a guy who got a divorce and his x took all his pipes and told him she did it because she knew he liked them. :(

Some ex's can be very vindictive
I read some years ago in London, an ex left the contents of her husband's cellar on the neighbours' doorsteps and cut off the sleeves and legs of his wardrobe of Saville row suits.
Oof !

• Wow
Reactions: AroEnglish