Cascadia Pipe Co Plug Tobacco - Weezel & Condor Do a 'Top Gear' on Tobacco!!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
It's true. We had many approaches to either buy or produce teeshirts featuring the 'Happy Derrick' all of which were turned down. Mr. Woodsroad holds the right to the Happy Derrick so if anyone wants these things on a shirt talk with him. The real rare item is the Chicago Pipe Show blue shirt featuring the 'Happy Derrick' since I believe there are only three in existence!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
It's true. We had many approaches to either buy or produce teeshirts featuring the 'Happy Derrick' all of which were turned down. Mr. Woodsroad holds the right to the Happy Derrick so if anyone wants these things on a shirt talk with him. The real rare item is the Chicago Pipe Show blue shirt featuring the 'Happy Derrick' since I believe there are only three in existence!
@condorlover1 I've won the @Maddogsmokers clay pipe smoking competition - been notified saying I win 3 clays and a jar of baccy.
Unfortunately Johnson has passed away after contracting Covid19 while in hospital after his motorbike crash.
When I went to the Georgian Weekend at Cromford Mill the blacksmith lit my clay pipe from his forge!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Well the plugs arrived. They are about the firmness of an S&G Plug or just a tad firmer than some U.S Plugs. The topping is interesting and sort of reminds me of Warrior but then you are talking about someone who never finds their own f*rts offensive so your experience may vary. I'll smoke a bowl or two this evening and post my impressions as I have to get these off to my friend Weezell.

thumbnail.jpeg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I opened the tin of Cascadia 'Open Water' last night. It is as previously mentioned a well formed plug of tobacco that has been heat pressed. It is not as hard pressed as something like 'Yachtsman' but more along the lines of some of the S&G plugs. It slices easily and can be rubbed out or if you prefer the 'fold and stuff' method it lends itself to that approach. The tobacco has a pleasing fruit cake type of smell and is very reminiscent of 'Warrior' or 'Peterson Irish Flake' and as an added bonus it doesn't seem to need much in the way of drying time. It takes a couple of lights to get the stuff burning but once burning it seems to hum along along quite happily. The taste is pleasant but not over powering, this maybe because I have been on a Brown No: 4 kick for the last week or so. I leave the 'fruity, hay,hints of odor eater' type reviews to our more expert members. I would certainly buy it again but I think it needs a Jim Inks review to do it true justice.

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
That is informative, but it's hardly a "Top Gear" style review. Where's the flashy editing, the excited patter of a late middle aged man trying act like this is the first time he's ever gone fast, then the slow music and a very serious tone about why this particular million dollar car is really only barely six hundred thousand worth of good.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
You mean...there are "other" forums???
Well....sort of they don't have the extraordinary people on those forums that we have here and one of those forums is all but DOA as they rarely if ever have an interesting topic...like 6 members all talking amongst themselves...really boring, but I won't mention the name as I don't want stalkers to be following me around. on the internet.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Cascadia Review: Great news men as Al Bundy would often remark before failing to sell a pair of shoes! I sent a sample of Open Water to @jiminks who miraculously received it in a record breaking 2 day journey from Florida to the Carolina's - who said the USPS isn't getting better! He has figured out what this plug is and he will be reviewing it on Tobacco Reviews. You can all go back to mourning the death of Jackie Mason now. Did I tell you the one about...........

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Cascadia Review: Great news men as Al Bundy would often remark before failing to sell a pair of shoes! I sent a sample of Open Water to @jiminks who miraculously received it in a record breaking 2 day journey from Florida to the Carolina's - who said the USPS isn't getting better! He has figured out what this plug is and he will be reviewing it on Tobacco Reviews. You can all go back to mourning the death of Jackie Mason now. Did I tell you the one about...........
@condorlover1 Well it's taken the USPS nearly 10 years to reach a decision on their new post vans...
Smoked a bit of St. Bruno Flake in the clay pipe today.
How was the plug?
I've never smoked plug in my clay pipes...

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Dan you can doing anything if you set your mind to it. You don't have to write it down. You can make one of your YouTube videos and then talk about your impressions of the tobacco you are smoking. Remember it is an entirely subjective matter as there is no right or wrong answer, just your thoughts. Does it burn your tongue, give you a buzz, taste like rabbit droppings. Give it a go and you will surprise yourself chum!