Cascadia Pipe Co Plug Tobacco - Weezel & Condor Do a 'Top Gear' on Tobacco!!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Accessories
New Cigars
24 Fresh Rattray's Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@condorlover1 I've never smoked plug in my clay pipes.
Nearly finished my packet of Condor Ready Rubbed; I'll be thinking of you when I smoke my last few clay bowls.
I'm wearing the red coat and sitting in the churchyard I filmed my pipe videos in...
That packet of Condor went down well!
Dan. You know you need a change of uniform. We have some lovely Confederate uniforms here down in the South that you might consider on the days when your Red Coat uniform is in the dry cleaners!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@condorlover1 I've found out that the Dukes of Hazzard is banned in some American states because of the Confederate flag on top of the car.
There's a smaller one on the Bandit's car in the Smokey and the Bandit films as well.
I could imagine Bandit doing illicit business with Boss Hogg; would also have been fun if Barbara Bach from the Spy Who Loved Me had made a guest appearance alongside her sister in the Dukes of Hazzard.
I love classic film and TV vehicles and visited the Cars of the Stars museum in Keswick before it closed.
My all time favourite is Herbie, the VW beetle from the Love Bug.
Kendal is a no-go area for me as I'm giving the clay pipe a rest until the Pirate Festival in 2 weeks time.
Even Redcoats need to rest their lungs sometimes!
Going to the Knights Tournament at Bolsover Castle this weekend.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
@condorlover1 I've found out that the Dukes of Hazzard is banned in some American states because of the Confederate flag on top of the car.
Someone is pulling your leg or doesn't know what words mean. Now maybe people don't like the show or boycott it because of that but it sure as fuck isn't banned. So who ever told you that put some salt in what ever they tell you here on out.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Someone is pulling your leg or doesn't know what words mean. Now maybe people don't like the show or boycott it because of that but it sure as fuck isn't banned. So who ever told you that put some salt in what ever they tell you here on out.
@anotherbob Thanks for the info; I always thought it was a harmless comedy!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
@anotherbob Thanks for the info; I always thought it was a harmless comedy!
it's more likely that it's just not popular enough for television like most shows from the whole of the past. Something annoys me when people try to make more out of something then there is. So just to be clear that's not you in this case. It's the person who either exaggerated the facts in the first place or just made them up completely. There aren't many banned shows. There are lots of shows that advertise don't want to be associated with for many reasons and shows that no one feels would be profitable to air. And people might not like the flag but if they liked the show they'd be able to get over that fact pretty easily. The irony is one of the things that gets me to over react is other people over reacting to something. :)
Might have been a comedy I don't really remember too much about the show since the last time I watched I was really little and thought of it more as an action show. At the same time I also didn't realize that ghostbusters was a comedy either. (and that's a great example of if people like it they'll over look things, cause it's still a classic )

OlJawBone

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2021
California
I just received the latest Pipes and Cigar bathroom reading magazine. I happened to be rather fond of the Spillman Drive gang having met most of them in real life whilst involved with Standard Tobacco Company of PA. That being said they very rarely come up with something that catches me on my back foot! This time they have. Has anyone noticed they seem to have produced a line of hot pressed plugs, not crumble cakes, not 'blugs' but genuine plugs? I have examined the pictures, cross examined the sales agent on the phone and yes the people at STG have rebadged a bunch of plugs. I have now ordered a couple of tins of each one to take this 'Hail Mary' product on an extensive Condor/@Weezel read test, think the tobacco version of Top Gear, before sending samples to Jim Inks to find those hints of straw/rabbit farts etc. Anyone else tried this stuff?
I am curious why people think these might be legendary discontinued plugs repackaged. wouldn't it be better to just make more of what people love and brand it that way?