PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I look at my truck as a tool. I bought it to use and enjoy. I don't buy a chainsaw with the thought of resale down the road. I also don't sell my trucks until they are worn out so smell is least of issues. My current 2014 Chevy has over 200,000 miles. I won't short the pleasure now for a possible benefit in the future that I may not live to see. Besides, the green new deal keeps telling me gas/diesel trucks will be outlawed and I won't be able to sell it anyway. I say, smoke'em if you have'em.
And the preacher said, 'Amen!'

I follow the same approach. The heck I'm gonna be worrying about depriving myself just to keep my car neat for the next owner, specially when it's the only place where I can't smoke, since I rent in a non-smoking building. Besides, my car is a clunker from the last century with a resale value of ~$500 if I'm lucky... but even if I were driving a brand new Mercedes, I'd still smoke the heck away in it.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I work in my truck, go on long drives in my truck and essentially live in my truck.

Operative word is “my”.

I smoke in my truck and I don’t worry about it. I smoke a variety of types so I guess that keeps it okay.

The only think I won’t allow smoked in my truck is Haddos Delight, I don’t want people thinking I’m hauling a dead hobo under my back seat

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
Interesting! I do a majority of my smoking in my car but definitely don’t appreciate the smell. What I do is I crack a window and the sunroof while smoking, I dump the pipe out as soon as I am done and store it in the glove box or console, I deep clean my car monthly in the summer and every two months in the winter, and keep an air freshener in the car at all times. I do have leather seats and trim so that may be a difference in my favor.

Besides cracking the windows I would be doing all of these things anyways so I don’t find it difficult.

There must be a smell but I don’t notice it and neither does the wife. I’m more concerned with a rogue ember burning a hole somewhere.

I've been smoking pipes in my new truck for three years, and I still smell the new car smell every time I get in it. Maybe crack a window or something.
I do replace the inside air filters regularly and wash the windows and dash about twice a year.
I also end up with a lot of spilled tobacco in the floor boards and between the seats,. but nothing a vacuum can't handle. Not sure why other people end up with stinky cars. “¯\_(ツ)_/¯“

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Trabajo en mi camión, hago viajes largos en mi camión y esencialmente vivo en mi camión.

La palabra operativa es "mi".

Fumo en mi camioneta y no me preocupo por eso. Fumo una variedad de tipos, así que supongo que eso lo mantiene bien.

Lo único que no permitiré fumar en mi camioneta es Haddos Delight, no quiero que la gente piense que estoy cargando a un vagabundo muerto debajo de mi asiento trasero.
giphy.gif

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I find that aromatics smell great while I smoke them, but afterwards they will sour as they dissipate, leaving a room smelling worse than if I had just smoked a good quality Virginia. YMMV
Must be horrible aros

also I bet your vehicle smells like smoke and you can’t smell it.

also I bet your vehicle smells like smoke and you can’t smell it.
Probably, but I've never had a dealership mention it when trading.

But, rental cars and hotel rooms, I just Ozium the hell out of it, and not once has a rental place said a thing.
A trick for cars is to turn on the air conditioner, and spray it into the floor board. The return intake will cycle the Ozium through the air vents to get rid of any odors. This has worked 100% of the time, and I rent cars at least twice a year.

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
Interesting! I do a majority of my smoking in my car but definitely don’t appreciate the smell. What I do is I crack a window and the sunroof while smoking, I dump the pipe out as soon as I am done and store it in the glove box or console, I deep clean my car monthly in the summer and every two months in the winter, and keep an air freshener in the car at all times. I do have leather seats and trim so that may be a difference in my favor.

Besides cracking the windows I would be doing all of these things anyways so I don’t find it difficult.

There must be a smell but I don’t notice it and neither does the wife. I’m more concerned with a rogue ember burning a hole somewhere.
We are all concerned with a Rogue Embers ?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Probably, but I've never had a dealership mention it when trading.

But, rental cars and hotel rooms, I just Ozium the hell out of it, and not once has a rental place said a thing.
A trick for cars is to turn on the air conditioner, and spray it into the floor board. The return intake will cycle the Ozium through the air vents to get rid of any odors. This has worked 100% of the time, and I rent cars at least twice a year.
Good tip! I may have to try this ozium stuff.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
When it comes to smoking in the car, imho one of the more important aspects is to always empty the ashtray. I find the cold ashes, cigar and cigarette butts more contaminating than the actual smoking.

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
www. chewy.com
LIF2ibJl.jpg