PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Thanks brother. Looking forward to digging through it and seeing what new goodies are in there. :puffy:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Hi guys. The box arrived today. I'll tear into it tomorrow and get a pic posted. Too tired and lazy to do it tonight. Looking forward to trying some of the cool blends I know are waiting in there for my puffing enjoyment. :puffy:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Hi guys. Been crazy busy and didn't get to open the box until I got home tonight. Man is there a ton of good stuff in here. Gonna be hard to decide what I want to try first. I'll let you know when I decide....probably headed for the Balkans. :D

Also I will update the address list and get that out to y'all shortly. :puffy:

cgrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Not to derail the conversation here, but we should certainly meet up when it's warmer, mortonbriar & Andy.
When I participated in a previous box pass, I did present the box to several local pipers. There was a lot of tobacco in there, but I made sure of a couple things
1. The box never left my personal custody. Where it went, I went also

2. Everyone who partook put more back in than they took out.
Everyone was surprisingly generous, actually. I think it shipped out with an extra 12oz of tobacco, which made it even worse when the box disappeared. So kudos to everyone participating in this round for being awesome.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
1. The box never left my personal custody. Where it went, I went also

2. Everyone who partook put more back in than they took out.
I wouldn't have any grievances if members of the box pass shared the wealth around, even if your second point wasn't strictly adhered to. It seems like the box is growing despite our efforts to be greedy.
The first point is probably a good one though - losing the box would be such a shame. It's really a great chance to try out new blends cheaply - and with the loonie these days it's tough to order up some new tobacco on a whim. Hopefully all of your locals are better stocked than mine - but unless it's a peterson blend, I'm hooped unless I buy from the states.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Hi guys,
I just sent out the updated address list.

Been real busy at work and haven't spent much time in the box.
Let me know when you want to get the next round going...can have it back in the mail on Monday if you like.
Cheers, Jim :puffy:

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
Jim- Are you able to spend some time rootin around the box this weekend? I say send it around again once you've had the chance to take a good look.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I would like to participate this round if that's OK

Cheers
Hell ya brother!! Been waiting for you get with the box. PM me your particulars and I'll get you on the list. :D
Me too, please.
Awesome yaddy!! I got your pm and you're good to go! :D
Jim- Are you able to spend some time rootin around the box this weekend? I say send it around again once you've had the chance to take a good look.
I should have a little time Sunday afternoon and I can always pinch a few samples too for enjoyment at a later time. :puffy:
So exited to have three new guys with us for the next round!! Thanks guys. :clap:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I'll update the list as soon as I get shikano's info and email it out to y'all.
Cheers, Jim :puffy:

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
Soon to be headed west:
box%20pass_zpsgxchvvsr.png

:lol:

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Hey Jim, PM sent. I've some tobacco and pipe tampers I made from Tamarack to add to the cargo.

Tampers aren't very special but I thought I would add a few. It's the only tamper I use, I guess just because I made it and they're not special. Does that makes sense? It's late. I think I'll go smoke a bowl of Quiet Nights and go to bed... :rofl:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Hey Jim, PM sent. I've some tobacco and pipe tampers I made from Tamarack to add to the cargo.

Tampers aren't very special but I thought I would add a few. It's the only tamper I use, I guess just because I made it and they're not special. Does that makes sense? It's late. I think I'll go smoke a bowl of Quiet Nights and go to bed...
Thanks Chris! :D
Guys I've emailed out the updated box pass list and I will get the box off to Mortonbriar as soon as the goodies from Chris arrive.

Cheers, Jim. :puffy:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Ok guys...time to get the Box back on the road. The package from Shikano53 arrived safely yesterday. Once again Chris has been very generous and sent us some Esoterica Margate and Stonehaven to toss in the box along with a few handmade tamarac tampers. Thanks a bunch Chris.
Mortonbriar the box is heading to you first. Let me know when you're ready and I will get it in the mail.
Here we go again boys!! :D

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
ahh new people on the pass great to see.
Well I have been back for a couple of weeks but very busy getting back into things.
I only had two tins of tobacco in Australia, Rattray's Old Gowrie and Dunhill MM965. Both great but boy way I happy to get back to all my open jars. The choice of what I am going to smoke seems to be a huge part of the enjoyment for me. Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding has been chosen a lot lately!
Now I just need work to slow down a little and for the rain to ease up on the west coast here so I can sit on the deck in the sun and smoke the afternoon away.

Status
Not open for further replies.