PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
HEB Breakfast blend. I don't have the funds to be experimenting with coffee AND pipes.

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
Dhizzy, juni too, I once made a thermos full of turkish coffee. It took about three pots in my ibrik, and I stayed awake for almost 30 hours. Its a force to be reckoned with. It also was delicious.

Sep 15, 2011
not the best picture in the world but one of the most attractive couples i've seen in awhile...Starbuck's House Blend with Stringtown blend from Straus Tobacconist...
2011-09-29_14-01-21_696-2-600x338.jpg

alistairjames

Lurker
Oct 15, 2011
I went through a phase of drinking freshly ground Guatemalan espresso with a Montecristo cigar and that worked really well, so I guess it will probably work with pipe tobacco too. Guatemalan coffee tends to be roasted fairly strong but has a sweet, chocolatey note.

scotrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 24, 2011
i work for a Swedish company and spend a lot of time in Sweden....the Swedes are very close 2nds to the Finns when it comes to highest per capita coffee consumption in the world, and they like it STRONG too (anything less than tar consistency is disparagingly labelled "American coffee" in Scandinavia!)....i slowly got used to it and came to realise than in Scandinavia nothing gets done with the consumption of large amounts of coffee everyday

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
Dunkin Doughnuts whole bean freshly ground with a bowl of C+D Mocha

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I'm a big fan of Caribou house blend with an extra shot and just about any tobacco, but most often it a VA or VaPer. I also like Dunkin Doughnuts. At home its Chock full o'Nuts original... :puffy:

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I love my French Press. I like Trader Joe's Coffee Blends. However, Any coffee goes w/ any backy for me.
That turkish stuff looks like Heaven!

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Best thing I ever did was fork out a small fortune for a Jura (Swiss) coffee machine - I don't do electronics, hell, I can't even turn on a tv/dvd etc, but this thing tells you every step what button to push next - throw in the whole beans, water & it throws out exquisite better than store-brewed coffee.
My beans come from the little European man who roasts them himself & he delivers me 3 kilos (I live alone) every 3 weeks within 24hrs of roasting. He's won gold medals for his beans so they're pretty damn fine imo.
I drink between 10 and 15 double shots (in each cup) a day. I sleep 18+ hours a day every day, so I don't believe any of that bunkum about coffee keeping people awake but sure wish I knew what it felt like.

bodegabandit

Lurker
Oct 14, 2011
Peet's French roast or major Dickinson's blend/espresso with SG-Bracken flake
Its Great to some folks who are enjoying Peets Coffee, I run a Peets store and also have really been enjoying the experiments with the combination of my pipe and cup. Earlier today I had a press of Sumatra and some Frog Morton. Ironically enough my wife runs a Starbucks so I may have had a couple of the dark sides blends as well. Cafe Ciello

and Norseman make a good combo as well

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Bump because I have found the ultimate tobacco to go with my coffee. Plum Pudding. Man it rocks.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
Being a true coffee junkie, I drink the stuff pretty much whenever I smoke (about 2 -3 times a day). It doesn't matter which tobacco I'm burning. My coffee at home is Gevalia Traditional Roast. On the road, in order of preference, is Dunkin' Donuts, Quick Chek, Wawa, 7 Eleven, McDonald's no-name gas station/convenience store coffee, storm drain runoff, bilge water (when I can find it), then Starbucks.

wildcat

Jan 1, 2012
Like philobeddoe we have been brewing 8 oclock coffees at home lately. On a whim we picked up some Martinson yesterday as it had a nice price (any port in a storm in this economy). When out and about, our go to coffees are McDonalds Newmans blend and Cumberland Farms Farmhouse blend. Both 99 cents locally, all sizes. I enjoyed a nice Cumby's Farmhouse with a bowl of Lane 1Q earlier this week waiting for the wife... =)

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Drinking a Vermont special maple blend from french press with a bulk sunset rum from Gatlinburg tn.

Status
Not open for further replies.