PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papatoad

Lurker
Aug 24, 2012
Uhhhh....

Santa Rosa here. I Don't know anyone other than a guy I introduced to pipes, that puffs.
Folks round about here seem to think "bud" is the thing to smoke. Not me. But it does make for some lonely

times with the pipe.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
I was in the Palo Alto area earlier this year. But if you are a new pipe smoker make sure to visit my favourite B&M in the area, Edwards Pipes and Tobacco in Los Altos. Great selection and I love owners who are relaxed enough to smoke a pipe or two with you in their shop and talk about life!

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
hfearly...agree 100%, I've been to the Edwards in Los altos shop only twice but it's relaxing, the only bad thing about it is I don't get there too often to fully enjoy it.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
Telford's is easily the best in the Bay Area for pipes and pipe tobacco ... but, it's in Mill Valley which, for many of us, is a bit of a long haul ... good news is that Brian is opening a new store in The City soon so that will be less of a problem.
Mission Pipe is good ... Donna has operated the San Jose store for about 36 years ... she bought the old Tobacco Loft in Pleasanton some time ago and her son Ryan and his wife are the official owners now.
I haven't been in Smoker's Paradise or Edwards Pipe in years ... both are good spots with decent selection, but I know they have common ownership now and that their inventories are reputed to have improved considerably since I've been in either of them.
I'm always up for a get together, either over a pipe or cigars ...

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
bump ...
in hopes of catching the attention of the many who responded a year ago, but don't seem to have seen the latest activity on this thread ...

stbruno70

Jul 9, 2013
Concord reporting in.
I am active in the Golden Gate Pipe Club at Telford's but would like to meet other pipe smokers who are closer to my area.

stbruno70

Jul 9, 2013
Les,
The Golden Gate Pipe Club is still meeting on the first Thursday of the month. Look forward to seeing you on your next trip out west.

glpease

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 17, 2010
California
East Bay. A member of the Golden Gate Pipe Club, though lately I've not gotten to many of the meetings. It's a fantastic bunch, though, and well worth attending if you can manage to get into Mill Valley on a Thursday eve. Even if you don't come to the club, the shop (Telford's) is well worth the visit. I wonder how many of us are in Napa/Sonoma/Mendocino counties? I'm up north quite a lot, especially during crush season. It would be fantastic to find a wine-country group!

Status
Not open for further replies.