PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Just to clarify for this ol geezer, ha ha... So, you found evidence/information that this is a re-release? I mean, I am not married to the idea that this isn't. I just couldn't find anywhere on the C&D site, SPc site, or tobacco reviews. I would be tickled a plenty if you can set me straight.
Yeah, I've never heard of it prior to this thread.

Jun 23, 2019
Just to clarify for this ol geezer, ha ha... So, you found evidence/information that this is a re-release? I mean, I am not married to the idea that this isn't. I just couldn't find anywhere on the C&D site, SPc site, or tobacco reviews. I would be tickled a plenty if you can set me straight.

Here's some screenshots from my iPad..

Qu9YH40h.jpg
dl8pGlgh.jpg

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I like Dreams of Kadath. Its pretty unique. Mad Fiddler goes in and out for me. Innsmouth is a solid blend but it was not distinct enough for me to buy more. I have been dipping into Miskatonic Mixture alot lately. Reminds me of the Hebraica Series.

I only smoke these around Fall and Halloween (September through October) as a seasonal treat. Miskatonic didn't sing much last year when I first tried it, but with a year of age on it I'm liking it alot more. Go figure.

Visions of Celephais? Wow, it was strong the one time I had it. Very grapey. Not bad, just very, very aromatic and grapey. I didn't buy more of that one :)

I do plan on picking up a few of From Beyond even though I'm not big into Latakia

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
When I check tobaccoreviews.com, I cannot find an entry for it at all. If this had been in the original Lovecraftian series, wouldn't someone have rushed over and posted it?

Also, I am perplexed by the lack of mention of Katerini. I thought this was what made them Lovecraftian to begin with. I wonder what is going to make this one fit in with the series?
Drama

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
That was what I was thinking, exactly. Plus... why recreate freakin' Nightcap, when it is still on the market?

@jeremyreeves What's going on here? Why is this one going to wow me!! Give me a reason to give you my money, because I wanna. puffy
It’s not Night Cap. It’s a reminiscent of 1980’s NightCap, made by Dunhill. Not Peterson, Cosmic! Come on, why do I have to exit the coffin to correct you sir. Gosh!

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
It’s not Night Cap. It’s a reminiscent of 1980’s NightCap, made by Dunhill. Not Peterson, Cosmic! Come on, why do I have to exit the coffin to correct you sir. Gosh!
Exactly. It's supposed to recreate an aged tin of vintage Nightcap, in the same fashion that BlackPoint tried to recreate the experience of an old tin of Balkan Sobranie that Pease once had.

But vintage or otherwise, Nightcap is one of the most copied blends out there. You can't be too surprised that another company is trying their hand at it.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
First they make those damn nice Peterson Christmas pipes...then they drop this...and I'm trying to hold out. I mustn't...I have more tobacco than I'll ever smoke already...

Status
Not open for further replies.