PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaac

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 18, 2012
Portland, OR
Is the new small batch a re releasse or an initial release? Seems interesting if you happen to like English blends

Thank you, you are definitely "in the know" more than me. I don't even think it has been released, because I couldn't find it on smokingpipes website. But, as one who purchased (I thought) a few and more of each of the Lovecraftian releases, I don't remember this one. I may be wrong though. so, grain of salt here.

isaac

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 18, 2012
Portland, OR
Thank you, you are definitely "in the know" more than me. I don't even think it has been released, because I couldn't find it on smokingpipes website. But, as one who purchased (I thought) a few and more of each of the Lovecraftian releases, I don't remember this one. I may be wrong though. so, grain of salt here.

It isnt being released until 9/21/21

How were the other versions?

Reactions: cosmicfolklore
Jun 23, 2019
It's almost definitely a re-release.

Judging by the picture it looks like there will be a limited run of ~7,000 tins, if I remember correctly, the original was a show-only run of like 500 or something. I've not been lucky enough to try any myself, but I remember reading it's a C&D interpretation of something like McClelland's Super Balkan.

How they keep selling increasingly larger numbers of "small batch" and "limited" blends is beyond me.

EDIT: another point of curiosity, they've listed *Cypriot* Latakia instead of Cyprian as a key ingredient... I wonder what the distinction is there.

Reactions: kanaia and kcghost
It's almost definitely a re-release.
When I check tobaccoreviews.com, I cannot find an entry for it at all. If this had been in the original Lovecraftian series, wouldn't someone have rushed over and posted it?

Also, I am perplexed by the lack of mention of Katerini. I thought this was what made them Lovecraftian to begin with. I wonder what is going to make this one fit in with the series?

Reactions: lukasstrifeson
Jun 23, 2019
When I check tobaccoreviews.com, I cannot find an entry for it at all. If this had been in the original Lovecraftian series, wouldn't someone have rushed over and posted it?

Also, I am perplexed by the lack of mention of Katerini. I thought this was what made them Lovecraftian to begin with. I wonder what is going to make this one fit in with the series?

There have been many 100-200 tins (actual) small batch releases that were just sold at shows. McClelland had many too...

Reactions: stogie37
There have been many 100-200 tins (actual) small batch releases that were just sold at shows. McClelland had many too...
Oh, and you would consider THAT a "release." Ha ha, ok. The rest of the series was released like normal small batches. Which show was this from? Or, are you just grasping at straws here?
I mean, I don't see where C&D says it is a re-release. Merely the OP asked if it was. Maybe is acceptable, but... even pipeshow releases get listed on tobaccoreviews.com

Last edited:

camaguey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 25, 2021
west indies
Like cosmicfolklore , mad fiddler and dreams of kadath are my favorite from the serie. The reason is that they are different from the regular average blend. If this is trying to replicate nightcap then maybe it should belong to another serie.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore
Like cosmicfolklore , mad fiddler and dreams of kadath are my favorite from the serie. The reason is that they are different from the regular average blend. If this is trying to replicate nightcap then maybe it should belong to another serie.
That was what I was thinking, exactly. Plus... why recreate freakin' Nightcap, when it is still on the market?

@jeremyreeves What's going on here? Why is this one going to wow me!! Give me a reason to give you my money, because I wanna. puffy

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I’m sure it’s great, but there’s no way to tell from that list of ingredients. Might need a bit more sink.

094902108292.jpg

Jun 23, 2019
No distinction, the words are used interchangeably.

You say that, but I don't see why they would be passing up on such a great advertising/marketing opportunity.

The words "Cyprian Latakia" has a certain value in the pipe smoking communities, no?

- - -

Oh, and you would consider THAT a "release." Ha ha, ok. The rest of the series was released like normal small batches. Which show was this from? Or, are you just grasping at straws here?
I mean, I don't see where C&D says it is a re-release. Merely the OP asked if it was. Maybe is acceptable, but... even pipeshow releases get listed on tobaccoreviews.com

Steady geezer, I'm just trying to provide information for those asking. Google's your friend, learn how to use it properly.

I'm just trying to provide information for those asking. Google's your friend, learn how to use it properly.
Just to clarify for this ol geezer, ha ha... So, you found evidence/information that this is a re-release? I mean, I am not married to the idea that this isn't. I just couldn't find anywhere on the C&D site, SPc site, or tobacco reviews. I would be tickled a plenty if you can set me straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.