PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Yeah, it used to be you could wait until morning but these days that strategy doesn’t seem to work.
That's because they would release them at 12:00 noon or 10:00 or 11:00 AM... Then everybody complained that " I can't buy it because I was at work - by the time I got off it was all gone..." :LOL:

I think the Millenials were blamed for buying up all the small batches then... Dang kids with part time jobs layin' on their smartphones all day long bought my small batch out from under me...

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Well, it just limits these f'n small batches to kids that can stay up late. I'm out. Fuck these small batches. I'm really glad that C&D is making money, but some of us have to make money during the day. I will not be reading anymore reviews of small batches or getting my hopes up.
I just don't know enough yet to even formulate a guess on taste to spend a significant amount of money on 1 pound of tobacco I haven't tried so it doesn't really ruffle me, but I agree middle of the night isn't all that convenient - still, it helps with the drama that helps with the sellout, more power to 'em, lol.

I just don't know enough yet to even formulate a guess on taste to spend a significant amount of money on 1 pound of tobacco I haven't tried so it doesn't really ruffle me, but I agree middle of the night isn't all that convenient - still, it helps with the drama that helps with the sellout, more power to 'em, lol.
Obviously 1000 people didn't agree with you.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I didn’t buy but $60 is pretty cheap to take a gamble on for some enjoyment. The cost savings on packaging is pretty clearly passed to the consumer because if you bought (8) 2oz tins it would be in the $90s range. I look at a limited release as like a fun money purchase.

I still like the concept and agree with others that it’s great seeing some companies doing different things.

originalnutcracker

Can't Leave
Feb 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
When I had my early morning coffee and checked SP, they were all gone. I'm not too bummed out as I was in two minds anyway. I was surprised it had gone - thinking it an ambitious experiment. I guess many of us underestimated Laudisi a touch!

In the end that was a clever piece of marketing. They sold 1000lbs in a few hours. They must have saved a wee bit not having to pack 8000 cat food cans too. I expect this won't be the last time they do this, although they probably don't want the novelty to get old.

In the end, all the hype and activity is good for the pipe smoking world - get people chatting and buying tobacco they will never smoke.......

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
No matter what time of day they released it, somebody would find some reason to bitch.

I don't think Laudisi has overbearing discretion on how SP markets products...or anybody else for that matter. SP has marketing people to do that. And all sorts of products are promoted with a targeted roll out date.

Every time there's a drop for just about anything limited somebody misses out. And then the griping about what a bunch of bastards the vendors are... :ROFLMAO: