PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Genius! ;)

I do really love Sun Bear/Sun Bear Black Locust and Eight State was pretty good as well, but those are the only small batch offerings I purchased (6/8 tins and 2 tins, respectively).
Me too. I also got a couple of tins each of The Beast and From Beyond. It's no shame to be manipulated by a masterful hand.

Brewfan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 5, 2021
Louisville, KY, USA
It will be interesting to see if the 1 pound tin staves off the small batch mobs. I remember hearing the 140th releases would sit a little longer because of the 100g tin.

In for a penny, in for a pound!
Not only am I mentally unable to avoid anything marketed as small batch/limited addition, I am also in the process of stocking up my cellar. Obviously, I am obligated to get in on this one.

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
Ah yes, C&D. It's been over 20 years since I smoked any of their blends. Back then I ordered some from them and when I opened them 2 were full of tobacco mold. I called them up and requested they be replaced. Basically, they told me to f-off. End of story! :mad:
I love their blends! Especially their red virginias. I had heard that was the case for some blends for a certain run or a couple of blends for a couple of years. Most people who have had that happen have been very happy with their replacement policy. They are a solid company. I have a TON of their blends cellared confidently. I'm not sure when that happened but I would reconnect with them and see if they would replace them for you or give you some sort of credit. Just for the record, I do not know anyone from there but I just love their tobacco's.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Ah yes, C&D. It's been over 20 years since I smoked any of their blends. Back then I ordered some from them and when I opened them 2 were full of tobacco mold. I called them up and requested they be replaced. Basically, they told me to f-off. End of story! :mad:
Dang, what did you do to them? Any issues I had with them Craig would apologize and rush me a replacement.

Jun 23, 2019
Selling unknowns to a bunch of hoarders who cannot resist based on FOMO, one pound at a time. Life is good for C&D. Will jiminks post reviews before they go on sale?

We are fish in a barrel! That said, I hope I get shot FIRST!! :)

- - -

They said it would be available in 16oz. amounts, but to my reading, nothing was implied in that Instagram post about exclusively 16oz. packaging. I'm holding out for 2 and 4 oz facings.

I resisted the temptation to point it out when I first read this a few days ago but 'small batch' and 16oz packing is kind of a oxymoron or at the very least a contradiction right?

- - -

Dang, what did you do to them? Any issues I had with them Craig would apologize and rush me a replacement.

They have a pretty well documented recall on a couple blends one year. I forget but I think it was like 2015./2016 or something like that.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
We are fish in a barrel! That said, I hope I get shot FIRST!! :)

- - -

I resisted the temptation to point it out when I first read this a few days ago but 'small batch' and 16oz packing is kind of a oxymoron or at the very least a contradiction right?

- - -

They have a pretty well documented recall on a couple blends one year. I forget but I think it was like 2015./2016 or something like that.
That was a few years after the buyout. We were talking about the Tarler days 20+ years ago. I think Laudasi bought C&D in 2014.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Umm, that’s sounds very out of character for them. I recently opened a 2016 tin of theirs that was moldy, called them up, the replacement tin was shipped that same day, no questions asked. I have several 2016 tins of Bijou, I’m expecting those tins will be moldy too (the infamous mold scare of 2016) but they are lost in the cellar somewhere, however, I know that I’ll be taken care of if those tins do turn out to be moldy. Maybe their attitude has changed in the past 20 years but any time I’ve dealt with them, they have been truly exceptional and I feel they are a staple to this community. I’m sorry you had that experience, I seriously doubt you would be treated that way now.