PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I thought I was doing rather well in not contracting Covid....I am super cautious regards who comes in my home as my respiratory nurse told me last year it could be the end of me :oops:

Well last night about 9pm I was watching TV when a throbbing headache suddenly appeared....closely followed by the shivers, then I started feeling a bit 'weird'.

Went to bed about midnight and was absolutely freezing.....on with the electric blanket....despite my skin feeling hot to the touch, I felt so cold. Last time I looked at the clock it was 6:10am, I'd had no sleep till then despite being dog tired. Even then, I was only napping, not really sleeping.

Now the headache has massively reduced but I'm shaking like a jelly, freezing cold (though temp is 36.8) and have a sort of cramp in my legs.

The last person in my home was the grocery deliveryman....last Monday!

I really hope I can get some sleep tonight....nothing worse than sleep deprivation & feeling ill at the same time.

Regards,

Jay.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I thought I was doing rather well in not contracting Covid....I am super cautious regards who comes in my home as my respiratory nurse told me last year it could be the end of me :oops:

Well last night about 9pm I was watching TV when a throbbing headache suddenly appeared....closely followed by the shivers, then I started feeling a bit 'weird'.

Went to bed about midnight and was absolutely freezing.....on with the electric blanket....despite my skin feeling hot to the touch, I felt so cold. Last time I looked at the clock it was 6:10am, I'd had no sleep till then despite being dog tired. Even then, I was only napping, not really sleeping.

Now the headache has massively reduced but I'm shaking like a jelly, freezing cold (though temp is 36.8) and have a sort of cramp in my legs.

I really hope I can get some sleep tonight....nothing worse than sleep deprivation & feeling ill at the same time.

Regards,

Jay.
Sorry to hear this Jay. I hope you feel better soon.

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia

Regards,

Jay.
Hope you have speedy recovery, Jay! ?

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia

Regards,

Jay.
Best wishes brother for a speedy recovery...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There's a good therapeutic FDA and CDC approved drug from Pfizer that is actually in surplus right now. Phone your pharmacy and see what hoops you have to jump through. You have to take it immediately after symptoms appear, like now. I think the drugstore could bring you a Covid test (if needed) and the prescription. It may be free, I don't know. If you have a good caretaker family member or friend, they may be able to do all the legwork. I'd check this out.

Because of multiple vulnerabilities, my wife and I have been ultra cautious, but every time I have to get a prescription or otherwise shop, I mask up in an N-95. It's all a wing and a prayer.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I 'thought' it was a respiratory virus(es), and I have had similar symptoms that seemed to result in an attack on all my ligaments and a ressurrection of every bone bruise, break or dislocation I've had over 74 yrs. I still have residual soreness/tenderness in a couple three tendons.
However, I never felt like I had a breathing problem. I actually believed it to be seasonal allergy that seems to have blossomed in my seniority but now I think it is/was omicron or one of its siblings.
Feel better soonest! I have better days and then feel as if it might be returning but it does respond to tylenol.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton

Regards,

Jay.
Praying for a speedy recovery for you and all others similarly effected. ?