PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Basically not letting people come inside. Obviously groceries were delivered but only to the landing....I even had my Covid jabs (3) just inside my door!

Regards,

Jay.
Jay,

Did you notify your doctor? There are a couple of medications available that can significantly reduce any symptoms, like Paxlovid, that are a treatment for Covid, but which must be administered within a couple of days of onset of symptoms or they're useless.

Feel better soon.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Jay,

Did you notify your doctor? There are a couple of medications available that can significantly reduce any symptoms, like Paxlovid, that are a treatment for Covid, but which must be administered within a couple of days of onset of symptoms or they're useless.

Feel better soon.

What Jesse said.

In the States Paxlovid has become a go-to for materially reducing the likelihood of bad outcomes for people at higher risk. I know several people who were prescribed it by their docs, but as Jesse says it’s meant to be administered soon after you’re symptomatic.

runscott

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
Hopefully you have seen a doctor. The second time I got it I tested positive, but wasn't miserable, so I skipped the doctor's visit. Three months later I was still coughing and had an irregular heartbeat. Perhaps the doctor couldn't have done anything, but I waited late on giving him a chance to help. Now he tells me if it's long COVID, I just have to wait it out. Been waiting it out since September. Fortunately the pipe doesn't affect anything, but stress and caffeine do.

So relax?

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
What Jesse said.

In the States Paxlovid has become a go-to for materially reducing the likelihood of bad outcomes for people at higher risk. I know several people who were prescribed it by their docs, but as Jesse says it’s meant to be administered soon after you’re symptomatic.
Yes to this!! God Bless Jay...

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I thought I was doing rather well in not contracting Covid....I am super cautious regards who comes in my home as my respiratory nurse told me last year it could be the end of me :oops:

Well last night about 9pm I was watching TV when a throbbing headache suddenly appeared....closely followed by the shivers, then I started feeling a bit 'weird'.

Went to bed about midnight and was absolutely freezing.....on with the electric blanket....despite my skin feeling hot to the touch, I felt so cold. Last time I looked at the clock it was 6:10am, I'd had no sleep till then despite being dog tired. Even then, I was only napping, not really sleeping.

Now the headache has massively reduced but I'm shaking like a jelly, freezing cold (though temp is 36.8) and have a sort of cramp in my legs.

The last person in my home was the grocery deliveryman....last Monday!

I really hope I can get some sleep tonight....nothing worse than sleep deprivation & feeling ill at the same time.

Regards,

Jay.
?????✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️

Reactions: mawnansmiff
Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Hopefully you have seen a doctor. The second time I got it I tested positive, but wasn't miserable, so I skipped the doctor's visit. Three months later I was still coughing and had an irregular heartbeat. Perhaps the doctor couldn't have done anything, but I waited late on giving him a chance to help. Now he tells me if it's long COVID, I just have to wait it out. Been waiting it out since September. Fortunately the pipe doesn't affect anything, but stress and caffeine do.

So relax?
This sucks, I feel for you my friend .

Reactions: mawnansmiff

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Get well soon Jay!.................
3 Jabs???? Why??
Beef, what I meant was my first jab (Feb 2021), my second jab (April 2021) & my booster jab (Dec 2021).

Thanks guys for the very kind words....It's much appreciated.

Went to bed early last night...10pm....sort of got off to sleep pretty quick but awoke about 4:30 shivering with cold, so switched on the electric blanket again. Woke up at about 6am feeling hot so off with the EB and then I was just lying on top of the quilt.

Fell out of bed about 9:45 and my t-shirt was dripping wet and my body shivering but at least I'd had some sleep.

Regards the meds mentioned by Tom & Jesse, perhaps I've left it too late as you both say it must be taken immediately.

I know I must be really ill as last night waiting to drop off I realised that yesterday was the ONLY day in over 30 years (hospital visits excepted) where no alcohol passed my lips! No bottle of beer at 7pm, no bourbon at 10pm :(

Thanks guys,

Regards,

Jay.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Beef, what I meant was my first jab (Feb 2021), my second jab (April 2021) & my booster jab (Dec 2021).

Thanks guys for the very kind words....It's much appreciated.

Went to bed early last night...10pm....sort of got off to sleep pretty quick but awoke about 4:30 shivering with cold, so switched on the electric blanket again. Woke up at about 6am feeling hot so off with the EB and then I was just lying on top of the quilt.

Fell out of bed about 9:45 and my t-shirt was dripping wet and my body shivering but at least I'd had some sleep.

Regards the meds mentioned by Tom & Jesse, perhaps I've left it too late as you both say it must be taken immediately.

I know I must be really ill as last night waiting to drop off I realised that yesterday was the ONLY day in over 30 years (hospital visits excepted) where no alcohol passed my lips! No bottle of beer at 7pm, no bourbon at 10pm :(

Thanks guys,

Regards,

Jay.

Jay, posts on a forum aren’t a substitute for professional medical advice. No one here can possibly know if it’s too late to start anti-virals or not. All that’s being suggested is to consult your doctor as soon as you can to see if he thinks they might help. I’m sorry you’re going through this. Good luck! Jon

Last edited: