PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

glassjapan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2017
I was pretty underwhelmed by BS Flake. I was hoping for more orientals. And it didn't seem richer than FVF or BBF with age on it. But I was probably expecting too much at the time. Almost every review and comment written about it, loved it.

artvandelay007

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2018
Wichita, KS
It’s good, but not sure if better than any of their regular offerings
This was my thought on it as well but I’d like to try it again.

I remember a certain retailer approached the DPS to become the exclusive seller in the US. The DPS was receptive but they couldn’t get the importer to cooperate. Maybe another retailer could work it out by guaranteeing large enough orders but I’m not hopeful. I think the importer would have to change to see this happen.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
SPC got a couple of shipments of it the year it came out and a few of us on here were able to get several tins. Not terribly far removed from Aylesbury Luxury Flake. After reading this though, BS may be coming to an end.

"Since England decided to exit the EU, a company like Samuel Gawith will be considered an 'outside EU tobacco product supplier' and must comply with different taxation. In short this means a tin from Samuel Gawith in 2021 will cost around 300-350 DKK or approx. 60 USD/50 EUR. Simply because it is now an 'outside EU pipe tobacco'. This is also why we don't carry any of the many American made brands here in Denmark.
For this reason, the agent here in Denmark has decided to stop importing the Samuel Gawith tobaccos and we concur with this decision.
The prices in 2021 will be so high that we don't believe we can commit to the volumes needed by Samuel Gawith in order to place orders. This means the current stock is the last you will see of the Samuel Gawith tobaccos in Denmark.

What will happen to B. S. Flake? Honestly, we don’t know yet. Since we have the right to sell it but no market, we hope to find some kind of solution in order to make the many worldwide fans of the tobacco happy."
Hmmm that's shit, and fuels my TAD. The German shop still has plenty of SG in stock and at the same prices as in 2020, let's see.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
I don't know BS Flake, but overall some offerings from the Gawith house like 1792, Conniston Cut Plug, and the sweet ropes I am really fond of. I will still manage to find a way to get them, probably from UK friends and colleagues, but it does create a sense of urgency.

Just now I was looking to pull the trigger on some Revor plug, Rum Flake and Dark Birdseye.

briarbuda48

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2013
Texas
I really enjoy this tobacco and would cellar quite a bit if it were available the US. I hope the Danish Pipe Shop can arrange something with SG and a US distributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.