PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
This a special one from the Danish Pipe Shop. And since they don't send tobacco anymore you can only get it in Copenhagen. If you are willing to pay the steep price since the latest tax rise here in DK. Nice stuff though!! Also: now called BS Flake since food related tobacco names are not allowed anymore.20210117_175813.jpg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I was gifted a tin of it, and since it's likely the one and only tin of it I'll see, I'm holding off popping it until I have some quiet time when I can relax and savor it.
I hate to tell you but creative types don't ever really retire (oh they say they have, but it doesn't happen really). I am betting that tin is going to get popped some quiet enough time.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Maybe if the exclusive arrangement with the Danish Pipe Shop ends, the rest of the world may get to see it!

A man can dream.
SPC got a couple of shipments of it the year it came out and a few of us on here were able to get several tins. Not terribly far removed from Aylesbury Luxury Flake. After reading this though, BS may be coming to an end.

"Since England decided to exit the EU, a company like Samuel Gawith will be considered an 'outside EU tobacco product supplier' and must comply with different taxation. In short this means a tin from Samuel Gawith in 2021 will cost around 300-350 DKK or approx. 60 USD/50 EUR. Simply because it is now an 'outside EU pipe tobacco'. This is also why we don't carry any of the many American made brands here in Denmark.

Goodbye Gawith and B. S. Flake - The Danish Pipe Shop

For this reason, the agent here in Denmark has decided to stop importing the Samuel Gawith tobaccos and we concur with this decision.
The prices in 2021 will be so high that we don't believe we can commit to the volumes needed by Samuel Gawith in order to place orders. This means the current stock is the last you will see of the Samuel Gawith tobaccos in Denmark.

What will happen to B. S. Flake? Honestly, we don’t know yet. Since we have the right to sell it but no market, we hope to find some kind of solution in order to make the many worldwide fans of the tobacco happy."

Status
Not open for further replies.