PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
Thanks Embers! I'm glad you said that!! You have one heck of collection from him!

Funny, I really loved that Acorn!!
8O

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
He surprised me with it last year. Just called me and told me he had me something in the mail. Did that to me the year before with the dublin. Really just a great, kind fellow.

twoonefive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2014
Willow Grove, PA
pipesandpens.com
This is really sad and shocking. He was a truly great carver but more importantly every story ever shared about him centered around what a great person he was. My prayers are with his family and friends.

gnarlybriar

Might Stick Around
Jun 11, 2009
Chesterfield, VA
I repeat what Georged said "Well, shit.

New(er) guys: Bruce was a trail breaker and American pipe carving icon. Also a helluva nice guy.

Everyone who's been around a while: We all know what we're thinking, so there's no need to write it.

dammit dammit dammit "
I remember Bruce being at the CORPS Expo's - he was a sought after exhibitor there, and the few conversations I had with him I now know weren't enough. My friends, talk with your friends.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
OK, here's the full meal deal.
Maybe knowing this will help ease the pain of his loss somehow for his "PipeWorld only" friends (as opposed to his family and traditional friends who already knew it).
Bruce was an amazing guy in ways that had nothing to do with pipes:
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/nashville-tn/bruce-weaver-8793144

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
The second show I went to was Richmond in October 2005 and I knew very few people at the time. Bruce was sitting in a chair in the room outside the entrance to the show and I was standing next to him talking to someone. He overheard the conversation and invited me to sit down in the empty chair opposite him and we just chatted for about a half hour. He was so warm and welcoming and made me feel part of the community. We had many nice chats over the years and I will truly miss Bruce. His picture should be in the dictionary along with the definition of "gentleman". RIP, my friend.
Russ

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Condolences to his family. Sad to lose our legends one after the other. My prayers with his soul and family.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I own three of Bruce's pipes and everyone is a great smoker.

004-009-5515_zps25f10fea.jpg

sma06a.jpg

weaver2-600x450.jpg

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Kelseyweaver

Lurker
Dec 8, 2019
Hi, Bruce’s daughter, kelsey here. Not sure how this site works, but to all who posted such kind comments about my father - wow. You made me sob and smile and so proud and lucky to have him as my dad. We kids have a number of his pipes from his shop. Obviously these are special to us, but they will be used and loved, happy to share with those who meant a lot to him — the way he would want it to be. Thank you all for loving him.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
It is with deepest regrets to copy this from Pipe Maker Bruce Weaver's FB Timeline.
This is Bruce A. Weaver's family posting on his behalf.
It is with beyond deep sadness that we notify you all that Bruce passed away in his sleep on July 26th, 2019.
We will host a visitation on Saturday, August 3, in Nashville, TN at Christ the King Catholic Church - 3001 Belmont Blvd, Nashville TN.
Visitation will begin at 9:30am, followed by the Eulogy @ 10:30am, & service at 11am. In lieu of flowers, we ask for donations to the SebastianStrong Foundation, which Bruce was a passionate supporter of. If you need to contact the family, you can reach to Kelsey Weaver, Keely Weaver or Austin Weaver - his three beloved children, who were his greatest pride & joy.
He will be missed beyond all belief.
We will be closing this account after his funeral. We know Bruce meant so much to so many, and from the bottom of our hearts, we appreciate you loving him. He will never be forgotten.
Much love and sadness,

Bruce's family
:(

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.