Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It is with deepest regrets to copy this from Pipe Maker Bruce Weaver's FB Timeline.
This is Bruce A. Weaver's family posting on his behalf.
It is with beyond deep sadness that we notify you all that Bruce passed away in his sleep on July 26th, 2019.
We will host a visitation on Saturday, August 3, in Nashville, TN at Christ the King Catholic Church - 3001 Belmont Blvd, Nashville TN.
Visitation will begin at 9:30am, followed by the Eulogy @ 10:30am, & service at 11am. In lieu of flowers, we ask for donations to the SebastianStrong Foundation, which Bruce was a passionate supporter of. If you need to contact the family, you can reach to Kelsey Weaver, Keely Weaver or Austin Weaver - his three beloved children, who were his greatest pride & joy.
He will be missed beyond all belief.
We will be closing this account after his funeral. We know Bruce meant so much to so many, and from the bottom of our hearts, we appreciate you loving him. He will never be forgotten.
Much love and sadness,

Bruce's family

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Well, shit. :crying:
New(er) guys: Bruce was a trail breaker and American pipe carving icon. Also a helluva nice guy.
Everyone who's been around a while: We all know what we're thinking, so there's no need to write it.
dammit dammit dammit

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Was holding off on announcing it myself. He was a dear guy and a great friend. R.I.P. buddy.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Never met the man, but I've seen what he has produced through pictures of Duane's pipes...he was a great carver and a great man...RIP.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I never met him but he made some great looking pipes. RIP.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Yes, a good guy, helpful and honest, and just a nice dude, really. A gentleman.
Bruce called one of my early pipes "a tomato masher", I'll never forget it. :lol:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Very sad to hear this. My thoughts are with his family. He made some of the most beautiful pipes the world has ever see. RiP Mr. Weaver.

rnewcombe

Lurker
May 15, 2009
This is too sad. Bruce had become an excellent pipe maker over the years, and he was one of the nicest, most decent people in our hobby. I am in shock, and I will pray for his family and friends.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
I know Bruce will be missed, both by fans of his work and by his peers. His way with a sandblast was remarkable; the melting wax look he managed to contrive I've never seen duplicated. Another good man gone too soon. My thoughts and prayers for him and his extended family.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
IMG_0953.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.