PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
dscf6041-150x112.jpg

Been a Brigham smoker for along time. My father was a Brigham loyalist. My small collection of Brigham is below.

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
@peckinpahhombre... Get an old one, from before they moved operations to Italy and France, they smoke a bit better IMO and most importantly, MADE IN CANADA.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I have the same pipe as you however its an Algonquin smooth finish volcano where as yours is a nice rustic one. Very nice pipe! I suggest opening the draught hole to 5/32". I found opening mine it eliminated tongue bite and the pipes burn alot better and more evenly. I smoked one without coating the inside with honey and it tasted awful. If you don't coat it clean it well or ream that pre-carb out to bare wood. I reamed one of mine and it caked alot faster than the others even in the heel. I'm smoking my Voyaguer 147 right now. Nice dublin I plan on getting a couple more. Happy smokin! :puffy:
X1 on what roth said about trying to find one made in CDA. Their office is still in Toronto and they are a nice to speak with on the phone.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Been a Brigham smoker for along time. My father was a Brigham loyalist. My small collection of Brigham is below.
What are the Acadians like to smoke? They are nice pipes but a little much IMO. I'm a Brigham fan, my uncle and grandpa smoked Brighams, my old neighbour has been smoking a pipe for 51yr and all he smokes are Brighams and Grabow. There's nicer ones out there for the same price but Brigham does have some sweet a$$ lookin pipes!

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
My second Brigham is a Chinook 426
I have the same pipe. It is my favorite pipe. Smokes nice and cool, I think the bit is nylon on this line, I find it hard on my teeth and it slips alot. I don't much care for rubber bits either so I just suck it up lol. I figured out how to post pics from my phone so I will put some of pics of my Brigham's up shortly here..

reap

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
I liked my Voyageur #103 I got another one and an Algonquin ( which I gave to friend who wanted to take up pipes last week). I smoke mine without the filter - smokes great every time. From my limited experience I'm a big fan.

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
ugh457- Congrats on the Brigham and welcome to the hobby and forum! I don't have a Brigham but its on my short list of things to buy.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
My Voyageur is one of my best smokers. Its from the made in Italy generation, but even with the bowl coating it smokes quite well. I think without it would probably smoke a tad cooler, the coating seems to trap some moisture in the pipeweed, however the filter seems to do a very good job keeping things under control. I always enjoy my smoke, which at the end of the day, is what its all about. I've learned to pack lighter than normal due to the smaller draft, but its all a case of learning what works for what pipe...as individual as people.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
I think for my next Brigham (i will be buying another) i'll give the sanding option a go. I haven't had any problems really so far with the coating, but it would be nice to see what it could be without it. Either way i am very happy with both the build quality and the end smokeability. I am happy to see a Brigham comeback these days.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
My 6 Brigham's
These are my Brigham's from top to bottom:

Voyageur #103

Algonquin # 209

Chinook #426

Voyageur #147

Voyageur #163

Algonquin #284
Well I tried to get it to load like the ones above but I think I'm doing something wrong. I am using Google Chrome if that makes a diff. Anyway to see a larger image just go to my profile. Sorry for the size and lack of computer skills lolz

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
img00047-20130320-0229-600x449.jpg

HA! I did it! there's a larger pic of my Brighams. Kinda fuzzy due to the poo quality camera on BB Curve (booo!)
From top to bottom:

Voyageur #103 Plain Jane 'work' pipe
Algonquin # 209 this one is my 'Latakia Blends Pipe' it feels really light and cheap in my hand though. Like a cherrywood pipe.
Chinook #426 My 2nd FAVORITE pipe
Voyageur #147 My 1st FAVORITE pipe. I am looking at a couple more Brigham dublins for my birthday.
Voyageur #163 Love this pipe! It fits so nice in my hand I want to get another acorn but IDK which one yet.
Algonquin #284 I don't really like the bowl on this one for some reason. It is very hard to cake this pipe, and I find it gurgles alot even after drying, diff packing/smoking methods, and opening the airway. It fits the hand nice though. I'm seriously thinking of selling or trading this one off. I'm not one to do that but I just don't like the pipe all that much. I guess it's personal preference. Anyone interested just PM me

pmurphy88

Lurker
Apr 28, 2013
I'm new to pipe smoking, only bought my first briar pipe a year ago. It's a Brigham Mountaineer 347 and I love it. I tried corncob pipes first and didn't have a great experience because they were almost impossible to keep lit. Once I tried the Brigham however, I fell in love with it. I'm a Canadian and proud of the fact that such a quality pipe company originated here.

old_smoke

Lurker
Jun 29, 2013
I just purchase a 1 dot Brigham voyageur 103 italy was very disappointed the stem seems to be made out of plastic the bowel is not briar as the inside of the stem is potmarked poor quality imported from italy made in china I smoked my first Brigham pipe 50 yrs ago at 16 still have it had it refurbished 2 time by Brigham in Toronto I know it's there cheapest line but it still has the Brigham name on it they would be better to drop the cheap line so as not reflect on the quality of their name and pipes

Wellington

Dec 31, 2012
Brighams are definitely not Canadian anymore, but they're still good pipes. My best pipe is a Brigham 2 dot, I love it. I plan to get another Brigham yet. But I would love an actual Canadian made Brigham one of these days