PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JJ_JJ_JJ_JJ

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2022
2xlv1w.jpg

JJ_JJ_JJ_JJ

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2022
It’s on its way to me and tracking says it should arrive today but it’s definitely not as it hasn't yet made it into Michigan.

I’ve got a couple other things coming in and they’re all delayed. I thought the shipping companies knew to prioritize pipes and tobaccos but maybe they forgot.
You know your supposed to let the box circulate a bit BEFORE you steal it...If your the first and only one on the list it kinda narrows it down :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
I think that’s why @RustiePyles CPG did the reverse order he originally posted as he knew I would steal it and try to frame @SBC!
@ashdigger is standing by with a 1000w sound system and milk crate crate full of Yoko Ono records. He's got another milk crate full of antique petersons and several pounds of Granger, so he doesn't have to leave his truck. We had @georged reinforce the stem on his gargantuan house pipe so it could be used as a war club.

You have been warned... :LOL:

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
@ashdigger is standing by with a 1000w sound system and milk crate crate full of Yoko Ono records. He's got another milk crate full of antique petersons and several pounds of Granger, so he doesn't have to leave his truck. We had @georged reinforce the stem on his gargantuan house pipe so it could be used as a war club.

You have been warned... :LOL:
Not to derail the “war club” topic, I would never risk blood spatter on one of my Pete’s.

I’d use a different, uh, well, maybe, some of the tools of my trade.

See, the problem with planning is “premeditation” enters the chat.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
So I was headed out the door for work and who should be pulling up to my door but the friendly, neighborhood postman! I was already a little tight on time so I just grabbed the box, put it in my car, and drove off. After arriving I thought, "I don't have time to go through this so I’ll just take a peek.

Well let this be a warning to those who come after me: You cannot escape the pull of the box once opened. I started perusing what was in there not knowing what all of these blends.

I want to follow in the modest footsteps of @SBC in taking the "one bowl" approach of every tobacco that I want to try in order to keep it fair. Is it my fault if I want to try every tobacco in a Peterson Pub pipe?

signal-2023-05-25-103236_002.jpeg

I kid, I kid 😊

But seriously, opening this box is absolutely amazing and for me it’s not about the tobacco (as hard as that might be to believe). A bunch of you guys who aren't even in the box pass jumped in to make sure there was something to pass around. And it would've been enough for us if this was just loaded with the amount of tobacco that’s inside. But further more this has been loaded with desirable, highly rated, and hard to find stuff. I’m full of gratitude for all of you who have spent money and time to give generously to us.

OK so you know how I was tight on time getting to work? Well, I made it with -30 minutes to spare due to a particular tobacco that (literally) had my name on it from @SBC. I had initially thought of firing the whole pouch up in the Pub pipe but thought it best to not get fired today by coming 2 hours late to work. I figured a reprimand for being 30 minutes late would be more acceptable. Well not only did I find the right tobacco to smoke but I also found a pipe in the box to smoke it in.

signal-2023-05-25-103213_002.jpeg

It's labeled:

A. Lancel
19 Bd Montmartre PARIS

I’ve never heard of A. Lancel so I did some quick searching and that address leads to both a salad restaurant and a dentist office. It’s amazing how versatile some companies are! I couldn't find anything on Pipedia but a link to Lancel, a luxury hand bag maker, seems to confirm that it was the same company that made this pipe.

It’s an oxblood stained meer with what I think is a true amber stem but I’m sure @SBC can say more about it.

Anyway, pardon the long post. I’ll work my way through this box taking some things to try and send it off quick to keep the party going.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
It's labeled:

A. Lancel
19 Bd Montmartre PARIS

I’ve never heard of A. Lancel so I did some quick searching and that address leads to both a salad restaurant and a dentist office. It’s amazing how versatile some companies are! I couldn't find anything on Pipedia but a link to Lancel, a luxury hand bag maker, seems to confirm that it was the same company that made this pipe.
Only a couple blocks away from the Banksy Museum, too!

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
with what I think is a true amber stem but I’m sure @SBC can say more about it.
Actually I never was able to determine whether the amber was genuine. I know little about these sorts of pipes, but I know that some amber lookalikes were popular at the time. The pipe is super cool, but not my style, so I thought I'd pass it on. Wish I knew more about it!

Jacob74

Lifer
Dec 22, 2019
Killeen, TX
Hey all, just an aside PSA: if you are trying to figure out a non destructive test for amber, it fluoresces color blue or green under UV light, and these days you can get a UV lamp or UV LED flashlight extremely inexpensively.