PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
As far as blending chops go, Russ is right there with anyone. However, he works for the people who own the tobacco, so he has to help move it out of the storage bins.
I still have some 'limited edition' Tasty Kake that didn't taste to me as good as the original It was promoted as having been a pressed and misplaced experimental tweak of the original, if I recall. They found a pallet of it in a corner somewhere, so the story goes.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Which 'un is that? CRF with Perique? Because that would be awesome
For their latest Small Batch project, Cornell & Diehl salutes its history and legacy with an homage to traditional Burley blends of bygone eras. Honoring historic US Burley growing regions, Small Batch: Eight State Burley begins with a blend of specially selected, matured air-cured leaf from 2015, enhanced by aged Bright and Red Virginias. A mixture of 2005 Sokhoum, Katerini, and Samsun Orientals further elevates the blend, adding a peppery spice to augment the Burley’s inherent nutty character and the sweet tang of the ripe Virginias. Once blended, the mixture is pressed, sliced, and tumbled into an old-fashioned “chop block” or ready-rubbed cut. The official retail launch date for Eight State Burley is Tuesday, May 25th.
6DEE18F9-F0A3-4F71-8B12-76C569650128.jpeg

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
For their latest Small Batch project, Cornell & Diehl salutes its history and legacy with an homage to traditional Burley blends of bygone eras. Honoring historic US Burley growing regions, Small Batch: Eight State Burley begins with a blend of specially selected, matured air-cured leaf from 2015, enhanced by aged Bright and Red Virginias. A mixture of 2005 Sokhoum, Katerini, and Samsun Orientals further elevates the blend, adding a peppery spice to augment the Burley’s inherent nutty character and the sweet tang of the ripe Virginias. Once blended, the mixture is pressed, sliced, and tumbled into an old-fashioned “chop block” or ready-rubbed cut. The official retail launch date for Eight State Burley is Tuesday, May 25th.
View attachment 80636
Thank you for sharing! I did not find this online or in my email, so definitely good to know what's coming down the pike.

Status
Not open for further replies.