PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Saw this today..

“To celebrate a decade of this now classic blend, Russ wanted to do something special. When he learned about a small cache of well-aged Orientals the answer was simple - substitute the Orientals from the original with this vintage leaf. Because the amount of the aged orientals is very limited, he had to do this as a limited edition blend called Hearth & Home BlackHouse 10th Anniversary. This is a one-time run.”
B086A6EE-A896-4AD2-94EE-B65C18DE8598.jpeg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Gonna be honest, not a fan of the ambiguous "Aged Orientals" marketing that's been going around.

People like to nerd out about ingredients.

We talkin' something from the Black Sea region/Samsun? Maybe a Xanthi/Yenidje? Or maybe some kind of aged Izmir/Smyrna?

I like Orientals. Let me like your Orientals.
+1. If they're not specifying, I just assume it's the generic Turkish/Oriental melange, which is less sexy than, like, hand selected leaf of various origins and vintage. I guess an aged version of that might be tasty, and I'd bet it has a high minimum level of quality being blended by Russ O.

I might bite if it were White Knight, as I prefer that to Black House, but will likely skip this one. Curious how it is, though. Hope OP will update us.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
+1. If they're not specifying, I just assume it's the generic Turkish/Oriental melange, which is less sexy than, like, hand selected leaf of various origins and vintage. I guess an aged version of that might be tasty, and I'd bet it has a high minimum level of quality being blended by Russ O.

I might bite if it were White Knight, as I prefer that to Black House, but will likely skip this one. Curious how it is, though. Hope OP will update us.
I'm curious to know as well. P&C doesn't send out review tins, so don't count on me to find out.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Gonna be honest, not a fan of the ambiguous "Aged Orientals" marketing that's been going around.

People like to nerd out about ingredients.

We talkin' something from the Black Sea region/Samsun? Maybe a Xanthi/Yenidje? Or maybe some kind of aged Izmir/Smyrna?

I like Orientals. Let me like your Orientals.
Orientals are the worst tobacco second only to Latakia.

Status
Not open for further replies.