PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagavulin92

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2010
Yeah BL's death is nothing too epic. First of all, he's a cowardly loser, not a warrior. He isn't the kind of guy you'd like to kill to have his name. Secondly, we have no idea how much BL really accounts to the military power of the al-Kaida (or whatever the spelling). He could just have been the mascot of the organization. We'll have to wait and see what happens. Anyway, kudos to the Navy SEALs!

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Hows this for amusing ?

http://youtu.be/UiDyrkU0WAQ
Its how the final minutes of osamas life probably went;

Probably not safe to watch at work :)

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I'm not celebrating his death any more than I celebrated the attack on 911 or the subsequent war that followed. It all points to lunacy on the part of all human kind. I weep for state of humanity.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
All I am going to say on this is that it strikes me as odd that they couldn't find him for a decade, but now that Obama needs some support in the polls, Osama is suddenly dead...certainly, the world is a better place without, but like many have already said, there are two more ready to take his place, Osama was just a figurehead (and now he's a martyr, as well).

Fortunately, most Muslims are no more irrational than you or I; just these damned crazies that we support when it suits us (remember, both Saddam and Bin Laden were on our payroll at one point); hopefully one day we'll learn that psychotic freedom hating d-bags are not going to change just because we've lined their pockets or provided them with arms...first chance they get, its burning flags and back-stabbing the west. Sadly, these loud crazies are the only ones we see splashed across the screen on the six o'clock news; just as we have our own, Western right wing ideologues burning Korans, defacing statues of the Budda, and generally going about being ignorant (who, I suspect, are the only vision of the American lifestyle that those who reside in the Mid-East are allowed to see.), they are not reflective of our society as a whole; something that people seem to be forgetting about those of Persian or Arabic descent.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
They are not reflective of our society as a whole, but they are, unfortunately, reflective of our society in general. Again...I weep for the state of humanity.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I believe in "an eye for eye" in this case.
Do I believe in forgiveness? Sure, but not in this case.
Bin Laden got what was coming to him.
You reap what you sow.
You want to get all righteous and holy? Fine.
I'm not an expert on the Bible, but in all the stories I can recall, I never once remember an example of the Devil himself being forgiven. Bin Laden was the Devil in human form.

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
I'm going to have to say I resent osama's death being called a murder. What he did was murder, what WE did was take vengeance. Righteous vengeance.

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
This all brings to mind something my dad used to say when I was growing up;

"Believe nothing you hear...and only half of what you see."
I don't watch the news, and I don't get the newspaper,.....they are each too depressing, full of inaccuracies and the reports are based on the editor's opinions. Besides; being well aware that current events do effect my life..but also learning over the years that there's nothing I can do to change them,....I just concentrate on enjoying what I've been blessed with, doing the best I can for folks as a fire-fighter, and saying a few prayers for those who have to deal with all the horrible stuff in the world.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Yep, the search for a 6' 4" to 6' 6" skinny Saudi needing kidney dialysis on a consistant basis should not have taken 10 years to come to an end. But it has come to an end. Just wonder what the leaders of the Yemeni faction and any other factions out there that he trained or backed financially will try to do next.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
If Osama is nothing but a symbolic figure in the eyes of al queda, the symbol is this; Al queda wins, we lose.

His death may be nothing but symbolic either, but it symbolizes the exact opposite for both sides.

We Win. You Lose.

I dont think that most Americans are celebrating someones death.

What they are celebrating is one less threat to our safety and freedom.

There are some people in this world for whom there is no court high enough to bring true justice.

For these people, justice is best decided by our maker.

Osama is now in the hands of that maker.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Say, has anybody seen Scottie Pippen lately?

image.jpg

tom12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2011
Well, I'm not religious in any way and I rather like Christopher Hitchens view:
"I find myself hoping that, like Zarqawi, Bin Laden had a few moments at the end to realize who it was who had found him and to wonder who the traitor had been. That would be something. Not much, but something."
I for one, cannot 'cry myself a river' over someone who orchestrated the deaths of thousands and helped evolve such a hate filled ideology. Nor do I feel any problem in anyone celebrating the death of such an odious personality.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
zwolanek said
[...] over and over again I see, hear, and read comments from people who bring this matter down to the level of professional wrestling.

"One down and ten million to go." Awful.
I think you misinterpreted my comment, and that's probably my fault. I was lamenting

the enormity of the task before us -- not gloating, or relishing the challenge of it.

Frankly, I'd rather be left alone to enjoy an occasional pipe in peace, and not have

to endure the worries these terrorists inflict upon us.

fatman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
I swore I was gong to be a '1 and done' poster, however!!! SCHMITZBITZ has made an observation about the POLLS and the current Prez, which, IMO, has some merit. However, finding the SOB was no mean feat and not as easy as 'we' want to believe. Now to the POLLS and RATINGS...I dont think the eradication of this POS should have even been publicized. Its a war, and casualties occur...and yes the Armed Forces will pay dearly for the 'gloating', and we may see more attacks here at home. The muslim brotherhood is going to strike back...hell, even they didnt know where bin laden was..just a select few. Now, mark my words, we will soon lose Egypt to the 'dark side' as is Iran. The story of his being a kidney patient is pure hog-wash. I do believe a MacArthur cob and some PEACEHAVEN is in order tonight.

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
Whiles this is here, I want to say my peace.
This was a tactical victory (raised moral for most) and perhaps a strategic one, that remains to be seen.
Bin laden being dead is probably for the best.
People being excited or more than cautiously optimistic about it kinda scares me, people being in any way at all happy saddens me. . . I'm okay with people who are mildly relieved and hoping this is the beginning of the end of this. . .whatever this crazy ride has been.
I tip my hat to the revolution and all that jazz. . ..

Status
Not open for further replies.