PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR1296

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2019
Mississippi
The Country Squire is about 3 hours from me. Spring Street Cigar in Tupelo and Oxford, MS are 35-45 miles from me. They have a decent selection of C&D and Peterson Tobacco as well as Peterson pipes.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Here in the Salt Lake City area the selection of tobacco shops is obviously limited. We have three that are noteworthy: Beehive Cigars, south of downtown, is probably the best for pipes and tobacco. Tinder Box in Murray is a nice store, but with a limited selection. Jeanie’s downtown near the Capitol has changed hands, but still has a decent selection of pipes and tobacco, but prices are fairly high. None have accommodations for smoking on the premises due to draconian state regulations. Utah law mandates no smoking in ANY building and you must be at least 25 feet from doorways and windows. Beehive used to have a spacious private lounge in the back of the store, but the state health department shut it down recently.
Frankly, we’re lucky to have any tobacco shops in the state at all. Tobacco tax is punitive at 86%. A 50 gram tin averages around $20 or more and about $4 an ounce for bulk.
If it was completely up to the LDS controlled state legislature, we’d have no tobacco shops whatsoever. The only reason we have wine and liquor here is that it’s sold in state owned stores and, of course, the state profits handsomely.
Utah is a scenically beautiful state, but the tobacco scene is is a veritable desert.

Sep 4, 2019
East TN
We have Smoky's Tobacco and Gifts in Knoxville, close to the West Town Mall, and in Gatlinburg we have the Gatlinburlier. Smoky's has a really good selection of house blends, some of which they blend themselves. Plus their tin and pipe selection aint half bad. They threw a pipe show there last fall, 20% off, I bought a couple pipes.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

adui

Can't Leave
Aug 26, 2019
Mesa Arizona
I have to say Ye Olde Pipe in Phoenix for me. Big Sticks in Mesa is a second, and I would be remiss not to mention them. Both are friendly, and seemingly knowledgeable; but Ye Olde has the better selection hands down.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.