Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pipe club buddy of mine really loved one called Cherry Cordial. I think it was a McClelland, because he is constantly whining about it being gone, ha ha. I tried it once, and it wasn't bad. I could tell there was some tobacco in there.
But, it's probably not the best to suggest, since it's gone gone gone. I have no idea what makes it "cordial" though." I mean, it was warm and friendly, but...

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Just finished a tin of Gawith Hoggarth & Co Kendal Black Cherry that I really enjoyed. It's a mild and not overly sweet aromatic with long lasting rich dark cherry flavours.

Reactions: dcon, DAR and BROBS

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
--1 for Cult Blood Red Moon (see my comments/thoughts for Cult BRM here, if interested)
+1 for KBV Dark Fired Cherry
+1 for KBV Sakura (more floral than actually cherry, but I prefer it above any other cherry blend)

Also consider The Story Teller's Pipe Sweet Galenas.

I've always wanted to try Gawith Cherry Vanilla Flake as it is a highly recommended cherry blend, but it's not possible to find right now. :(
I forgot to mention that I do NOT recommend Boswell Cherry Smash. That one made me ill, but maybe it was just a personal chemistry or strength issue. I have since given that one to my neighbor.

Reactions: BROBS

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Still smoking my newly acquired Lane Limited Dark Red, but it isn't going well. I'm trying to find out which of my pipes can handle it well. So far I've smoked it in a cob, an Altinok meerschaum and a Falcon and the blend just didn't work well in those pipes. It's not a bad blend, but I find it pipe sensitive. The search continues.

Reactions: kg.legat0 and BROBS

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
HU Jerry Saronno is supposed to be f'in delicious. It's topped with Amaretto and Cherry, I do believe. Can't personally speak to the flavor, though... I have 5 tins in the cellar but I can't bring myself to crack one yet.

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
I haven't tried a cherry tobacco since I first started smoking pipes. And that's about 35 years ago so I don't really remember what they taste like. For some strange reason that I can't explain, I have a hankering for some cherry tobacco and I'd rather not go through dozens of cherry blends to find something decent. Is there anything decent? What are your thoughts on cherry tobaccos? Any great, good or bad cherry tobaccos out there?
Lately, I have the same thoughts. But then the memory of smoking OTC "Cherry Blend" when I was younger, erases my maraschino reverie, and snaps me back to reality.

Go for it. Tastes and tolerances, change.

Status
Not open for further replies.