PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
I haven't tried a cherry tobacco since I first started smoking pipes. And that's about 35 years ago so I don't really remember what they taste like. For some strange reason that I can't explain, I have a hankering for some cherry tobacco and I'd rather not go through dozens of cherry blends to find something decent. Is there anything decent? What are your thoughts on cherry tobaccos? Any great, good or bad cherry tobaccos out there?

Reactions: sumusfumus

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I've been smoking Lane Limited Very Cherry for years and enjoy it enough to smoke it everyday. Got in some Lane Limited Dark Red today to try for the first time. Tastes like Lane's BCA. I can't detect any cherry whatsoever in the blend.

• Haha
Reactions: DAR and bnichols23

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
--1 for Cult Blood Red Moon (see my comments/thoughts for Cult BRM here, if interested)
+1 for KBV Dark Fired Cherry
+1 for KBV Sakura (more floral than actually cherry, but I prefer it above any other cherry blend)

Also consider The Story Teller's Pipe Sweet Galenas.

I've always wanted to try Gawith Cherry Vanilla Flake as it is a highly recommended cherry blend, but it's not possible to find right now. :(

Last edited:

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I've always wanted to try Gawith Cherry Vanilla Flake as it is a highly recommended cherry blend, but it's not possible to find right now. :(

Ken Byron was selling it in 50 gr bags a while back, which is where I managed to score some. I’ll definitely be looking for it whenever there is another GHCo drop(whenever that is! I think the last drop was in January so we should be due soon).

Reactions: STP and bnichols23

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Ken Byron was selling it in 50 gr bags a while back, which is where I managed to score some. I’ll definitely be looking for it whenever there is another GHCo drop(whenever that is! I think the last drop was in January so we should be due soon).
Good to hear... I’ve been looking forward to the next drop.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Yeah, I was going to add a bag to my next order and when that opportunity came around it was all sold out, of course.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I was totally amazed when I tried Cult Blood Moon for the first time. I was expecting your traditional over cased over wet blend that I normally don't enjoy. I was very impressed with the cut of the blend and the humidity levels smoked quite easily and it was an all around smooth and flavorful aromatic that I smoke most times I have a sweet tooth.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
GH Cherry Cream Flake. Very good natural not artificial cherry taste with a very good underlying virginia baccy. If you want the strongest cherry taste GH top black cherry but it is a cavendish which I like less and the taste is less natural and more artificial to my palate.

Status
Not open for further replies.