PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Dan will remember this moment from the Chicago Pipe Show several years ago. We had just set up the Standard Tobacco stand and this German fellow of a certain age walks up and says "I want to buy 10 tins of Bengal Slices'. I look at him for a few seconds and then answer 'No!'. After another second or so he asks me 'Why not'. To which I replied in my best John Cleese voice 'Because you lost the war'. He walked away looking very dejected. Come Sunday I saw him and explained that we couldn't sell tobacco in Chicago but I sent him back to the Fatherland with five tins from our display stand thus avoiding some major diplomatic incident.
:rofl:
5734376e60a417627bd44b3c5f65556e.gif

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
I agree the tin art is amazing. When I first saw the tin of Bengal Slices I immediately knew I wanted it haha. I'm glad I did. I really need to start smoking more Russ blends. Maybe my jar of Bengal Slices will be next on my list to finish so I have a good reason to buy more.

jrenko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2016
Scandinavia
Bengal Sliced is nice but Fusilers Ration is cheaper so that is the one i will get more of when i am out of tins.

styler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2014
Any thoughts on Bengal Slices vs Black Frigate? I can't decide which one I'm going to 'go deep' on.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Bengal Slices is fantastic...love the taste and smell (room note). Many thanks to SToP for bringing back an even better rendition.

Status
Not open for further replies.