PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Really a waste they cleaned that up (Love Canal, not to be confused with a love canal) , because dead bodies would decompose in two hours. Now, cleaners have to buy expensive chemicals and high test expensive barrels to do the work the canal used to do. And then haul it away. And, thanks, Breaking Bad!)

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
311noz6.jpg

I got this one.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
I ordered 1 tin of Bengal slices to try it out, I like latakia and the chunky flake (ala Mississippi River) has always worked for me.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Dan will remember this moment from the Chicago Pipe Show several years ago. We had just set up the Standard Tobacco stand and this German fellow of a certain age walks up and says "I want to buy 10 tins of Bengal Slices'. I look at him for a few seconds and then answer 'No!'. After another second or so he asks me 'Why not'. To which I replied in my best John Cleese voice 'Because you lost the war'. He walked away looking very dejected. Come Sunday I saw him and explained that we couldn't sell tobacco in Chicago but I sent him back to the Fatherland with five tins from our display stand thus avoiding some major diplomatic incident.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Every dude wants to meet a fun gal.
I guess that means fun gals like fungi.
To which I replied in my best John Cleese voice 'Because you lost the war'.
Somehow I suspect you're leaving out the part where you started goose stepping.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f--KSEkC8Ik

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Oh, my. That scene lead to a fifteen minute clip of the best of Fawlty Towers moments. Thank you! The German guest scene was rated number one. So, is Cleese persona non grata in Germany?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
So, is Cleese persona non grata in Germany?
I don't know, but he's sort of persona non grata in London now...only because he's English:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJheODYpuEI

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Reminds me of this quote from an earlier times:
When asked why he still lives in the UK despite working so much in the US, John Cleese had this to say:

Number one, we speak English and you don't.

Number two, when we hold a world championship for a particular sport, we invite teams from other countries.

Number three, when one meets the Head of State in England, one has to go down on one knee only.

Status
Not open for further replies.