PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
So I'm interested in giving Bengal Slices a try and I went to look up the reviews on Tobacco Reviews and got three results.
This is the one I was going to get:
003-007-0002.jpg

Is this the one that most people seem to enjoy?

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
You might not want to get that one, it has an addictive chemical in it.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
All kidding (damn another lamb joke) aside it is an excellent blend. A unique taste that I pick up cedar and incense notes.

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
Buy it just because of the cool looking tin and mysterious name ..

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
I've never tried the original Bengal Slices, but I've smoked the new stuff blended by Russ Oulette. I think that's what your pic is showing. It's fantastic. I've also smoked fusiliers ration and I find them similar in some ways, with both having a delicious topping with vanilla/tonquin note, and both are very smooth and delicious. I think the Bengal Slices has more Latakia flavor if I remember correctly. It's been a little while because I'm aging them a few months.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
The tin art for Bengal Slices is classic. I begged them not to play around with it for the new version, other than adapting it to the round tins. It may be one of the most attractive designs ever.
Russ

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
True dat!
Russ, I was lucky enough to receive one tin out of an order last January without the damn white warning label. And yet the ones with the label seem to be one piece. Any idea? Did you consider printing an unblemished label, with a stick on? (Pretty sure cost of process makes that impractical). You can be sure I will save that tin!

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Did you consider printing an unblemished label, with a stick on?
Besides the labor costs to do it, the mandatory size of the warning label would cause it to cover up parts of the original tin art. The whole situation is ridiculous.
Russ

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Russ, when I first offered you the opportunity to reissue Bengal Slices, we were in complete agreement that the tin art, and the blend itself, must stay as true to the original as humanly possible. I designed the adapted round tin label that is essentially what you see here, but you did the heavy lifting and brought Bengal Slices back in all it’s glory. Kudos!
BTW, I originally suggested that P&C offer “Bagel Slices” in a round tin, but somehow that never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.