PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
I don't know how available, or where from, mustache cups might be these days, but I seem to remember that I have one somewhere in this house. Maybe a century ago they were quite popular, especially as there were many more men sporting elaborate mustaches than do so today.

Reactions: MrTom and kurtbob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a long face, and I'm an introvert, so I think a beard would make me look exaggeratedly solemn. I do joke and laugh some, so that would be a misrepresentation. Despite my avatar, I've had a mustache for a few years, not always neatly trimmed, but I was smoking a pipe years before the mustache. Had a mustache in the Navy, a big concession to military regs, allowed because the Vietnam War collided with the Beatles generation and the lower enlisted ranks couldn't stand being bare faced. Same way I was able to change job assignments (and rating patches on my uniform) which has long been anathema in the military. If they say you are a cook, and you have an advanced degree, you cook, or that has always been the tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.