PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I've grown about 50 beards over my life time, and can't say I "rocked" any of them. They were just there, and I kept them trimmed, no longer than Michael's above. Clean shaven now for two years.

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
I find mine to be much less hassle if I keep it trimmed every week like the second pic so that's been the plan for a while.
38RVo3o.jpg

wuUDrIP.jpg

skydog

Jun 27, 2017
I've never had particularly thick facial hair but I've grown out a beard a few times. Last year I decided I was going to grow it out again and this has been the longest I've kept a beard. Might just keep it for good this time, I never did enjoy shaving.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
Had a beard for over 8 years now. Tried growing it long but when I did it went wild and stuck out every which way. Now I keep it trimmed close and neat. Had it long before I picked up the pipe. Mainly I hated shaving and figured facial hair grows for a reason, why fight it.

anantaandroscoggin

Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
Started with pipes in 1973 when I was in GM-A school on Governors Island in New York City. The beard came a couple of years later, and conformed to USCG regulation styling until a few years after I got out '82. Then I went to the full beard, and it's still there.
My wife of 43 years has never seen me without it, and has threatened my life if I should ever shave it off.
Before he died, my Dad had always had a mustache, but the place he was being taken care of shaved it off, so the last few months of pictures of him just didn't look like the Dad I grew up with.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Speaking of beards, I feel necked! I was participating in my monthly grooming routine and didn't realize the decrease in blade length...well down to stubble from about 6-8 in. Wife seemed happy and daughter was pissed! I guess you can please all the women in your life all the time. It will grow back for sure and much better then the top which was lost long ago.

I have had a beard most of my adult life, way prior to using a pipe.

My biggest issue with my beard is getting food stuck in it and them wiping to get the food out and having hair in my plate!
At least I know it's mine and just eat around it!

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
I've mostly had a beard since the late 90s. Orginally I grew it out while working in the bush in Alaska. Shaving seemed an unnecessary bother in the situation. I believe my beard is unrelated to pipe smoking. It grows very fast so I'll occasionally shave it off but it is big and bushy again in no time. 5 colors of hair in it (brown, black, red, blonde, white) but the white is beginning to take over.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I keep a short neat beard like in my profile picture. Sometimes in the cooler months I let it grow out to a length of a two or three inches. I haven't shaved it since I first grew it about five years ago, and I even if I ever do shave I imagine I'll probably grow it back. Bearded for life puf

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Shortish beard, it came before pipe smoking. Maybe 5-6 years ago. Pipe started 2.5 years ago. If I could grow Anthony’s handlebars I would. Lookin good friend. But, me thinks ye olde wife might protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.