PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Did anyone see the "Unassisted Triple Play" by the 6 year old shortstop yesterday?

Awesomeness in a pint size package.
He caught the pop up, putting out the batter.

Stepped on Third putting out the runner.

Tagged the runner from Second.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FRw5mrWf4c
Just plain AWESOME!

:clap:

psquared

Lurker
Feb 16, 2012
Got a call from my brother this weekend, apparently we are scheduled to attend the interleague game on June 15. Indians versus Pirates in Cleveland, third-base box right behind the dugout, night game and fireworks afterwards. Got the hotel rooms booked at the Doubletree, looking forward to some good old Cleveland Pittsburgh rivalry.
Too bad you can't smoke in the Stadium.

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
This may sound crazy but I never liked team sports growing up and avoided playing them at all cost. Wrestling, boxing, karate, and judo, they were the sports I liked...until 2 weeks ago. I watched a game and was hooked. I'm still learning a lot about baseball but I've been able to catch some Tigers and Blue Jays games because of my location. I really enjoy it now.

scurvydog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 23, 2012
In when I was 14 in 1982 we got cable TV here in rural NE Florida..the braves were on every night so I became a Atlanta Braves fan. However they are never on TV now unless it is a national broadcast or they are playing the Marlins. The Rays are televised here for every game. The Rays are fun to watch and I route for them as my AL team...but Braves are my team.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
As a kid, growing up in SW Missouri, I fell asleep every summer night listening to Harry Caray calling the shots for my beloved St. Louis Cards. I grow up and draw a do-ever marrying a die-hard Cubs fan when Harry is the voice for WGN with Steve Stone. (I married a woman who still talks about Lou Boudreau!)
These days, whenever the Cubbies knock heads with the Cards, I always pray nobody gets hurt. And when the game is over I try to find Vin Scully calling a Dodgers game. (Now that Red Barber is dead baseball voices don't get much better.)
Maybe I enjoy the great voices behind the game as much as the game itself......

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
BoSox baby! Diehard fan, and fortunately so are the family. Go to a couple of games each summer...great days with the kids. Spend the day in Boston (always a stop at Peretti's), then an evening game...just can't beat it.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I am a fan of the best team in baseball history and the most hapless. Go Yankees!!! Better luck next year Cubbies.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Red Sox fan, ever since my Expos were ripped from Montreal. I could never cheer for another National League team.

magoo65

Lurker
Apr 10, 2013
I'm originally from Kansas City and grew up watching them so I'll always be a Royals fan.
I always time my visits so I can catch a game or three while I'm home.

Wellington

Dec 31, 2012
I'm a die hard Jays fan and a secondary Mets fan I'd say. I seem to love over half the teams in baseball, I'm weird like that, I could enjoy watching most teams play. But Jays are still my favourite, and what a awful season. I don't even know where to begin, what an extreme let down. They're playing .500 in the month of May, but its not nearly good enough to get back up to even having a chance at the wild card.

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
I grew up in Pittsburgh. Bob Prince and Nellie King in the booth. I'm another long suffering Pirates fan. I usually go to one or two games a year. PNC park ain't Forbes Field but when I walk in I still feel the magic.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Grew up a Brooklyn Dodger and then move to Kansas City and became a Royals fan.
Neither town has major league baseball anymore.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
Native Texan here, and a Rangers fan till I die. Nolan Ryan was my childhood hero!

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
969709_10151665009880729_817355202_n.jpg

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
@bambam Holy Cow! Thanks for that! I needed my spirits raised as it's been that kind of a season so far.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
St. Louis Cardinals. Second only to the evil empire in World Championships. But we never bought any...

Status
Not open for further replies.