PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
:crazy:Cold beer & a hot dog?...hmm, $8, stale beer & a cold dog is more accurate, but you absolutely can't beat it. @ dervis, if your from bama your sposed to be a padres fan :crazy:...@ simnettpratt, I've been a rangers fan as long as I can remember, was a junior ranger as a kid, even have a ball signed by the entire '72 team, the first t3am, and yea I miss Greer too, @ bueshell, & incavillia, & Sierra, but I wouldn't trade this years lineup for any in baseball.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
@crpntr, yeah this is a good lineup, and we're sure kicking some booty so far! I wasn't in America in '72, came over in December '75, and I'd never seen a baseball, football, basketball or hockey puck.
@slowpuffer, I think baseball is the only sport that's just as good on the radio as live (ok, almost). I used to have a boring 73 mile freeway drive home from work and there was nothing better than listening to Mark Holtz and Eric Nadel call a game to shorten the trip.
I got to sit in a suite one time with a bunch of kids, and it actually is better. You have your own bathroom and you're outside, not behind glass while a bunch of guys wearing ties watch replays on the TV and talk about business.
Anyone else do the seeds at home? I like the original Davids, not all the funky new flavors they have.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
OK, I'll bite. NY Yankee fan my entire life. Living in Phillies country is often a challenge but I just like the sport. We have a AAA minor league team here, The Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs. The most beautiful park in the minors. Ryne Sandberg is the manager so now we have a league champion as well as a Hall of Fame member on the field.

psquared

Lurker
Feb 16, 2012
Long (40yrs+) suffering Indians fan. '97 series...game 7...Jose, just throw 9 heater. Throw 9 HEATERS! WHAT! CURVE BALL? IN THE DIRT!? AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
I'm an Ohio Boy: CLEVELAND INDIANS! Along with the Akron Aeros, who have the coolest ballpark on this or any other planet (even better than Wrigley!)

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
I got away from it after the strike but it is now the only game that I will sometimes watch. Cincinnati Reds are my team. I miss the days of Larkin, Sabo, O'Neil, Davis, Parker. I really wish the the "Old Left Hander" Joe Nuxhall hadn't passed away. It isn't the same listening to Marty without him.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
Nolan Ryan was my childhood hero. I have a binder full of his cards and a ball with his signature. So it follows that I'm a huge rangers fan.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Native Michigander, so of course a Tigers fan. And nobody had a better broadcaster than the Tigers with the late, great Ernie Harwell.
Agree 100%! Grew up with Ernie Harwell and my grandparents were die hard Tigers fans. It would only make sense that I was too! :D

loki993

Lurker
May 10, 2012
Is it Football season yet?
I feel the same way sometimes, I gota get into it this year though.
Gotta say Tigers, but man they need to start hitting and stop giving away games in the 9th inning.

psquared

Lurker
Feb 16, 2012
Go Indians! Up 2 in the ALC, plenty of time to make our rush for the basement yet... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.