PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
WHO will target processed meats such as bacon, ham and sausages as causes of cancer and will say red meat is also hazardous to health in a decision to be released Monday. The findings resulted from a meeting of scientists from 10 countries.
The Daily Mail reports WHO’s International Agency for Research on Cancer will conclude that a host of processed meats should be placed in the highest of five possible rankings as “carcinogenic to humans.”
The ranking will put burgers and bacon alongside asbestos, arsenic, cigarettes and alcohol. The justification behind the decision, according to the Daily Mail, is that when meat is being preserved through processes like smoking carcinogens can be added.
http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/23/bacon-to-be-classified-as-dangerous-as-cigarettes-by-world-health-organization/
This is good news: first, some allies (although at first they will try to use us as a bogeyman), and second, the nanny state is jumping the shark.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
"Counting Stars"
Old but I'm not that old

Young but I'm not that bold

And I don't think the world is sold

I'm just doing what we're told
And I feel something so right by doing the wrong thing

And I feel something so wrong by doing the right thing
I could lie, couldn't I, couldn't I?

Every thing that kills me makes me feel alive.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
WHO? BFD! I didn't listen to my parents when I should have. Why in the world would I pay the least bit of attention to anything coming out of the UN.
As far as allies, the arsenic, alcohol and asbestos support has been sadly lacking. At least, of late.

Mar 1, 2014
Thus, in the 21st century butchering livestock and the procurement of fresh meat will once again be a valuable skill for prospective brides.
(they did say "processed" meat, eat it straight off the animal and you're fine)

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I've been sprinkling bacon bits on top of my Stonehaven...should I be concerned?

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
Ignorance is bliss.
I wish we still thought lead was safe for cookware. "Who are they to tell me I can't use lead cookware?"
Haha, we're all doomed and no one gives a shit :) Keep stuffing your faces, nothing to see here.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
With all the money these people squander doing studies that two years from mow someone will contradict, they could do something that really matters. Somebody always has some ax to grind. I just decided not to pay much attention to any of it because much of it turns out to be BS anyway.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
Seriously, it is from the Daily Mail in the UK.
I think I'll prepare a rasher or two this morning before I fire up the backyard smoker for a 12 hour session with a pork shoulder butt. My wife won't even detect the Latakia in my pipe.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
"Damn you, damn broccoli and damn the Wright brothers!"- Stewie
It looks like the WHO doesn't like any of my favorite things.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Hate to be the one that tells WHO this, but living is the #1 cause of death on the planet.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Maple glazed bacon..

358214_brown-sugar-glazed-bacon_1x1.jpg

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
My youngster gifted me with a bacon/chocolate bar two Christmases back. It was great! At my age I chose to share with others and not hoard it. I do give a bit of thought to the arteries, more as I age. Still, it was a grand treat! Chocolate and pig, a nearly perfect blend of superior flavors, surpassed only by pork with a vinegar based sauce.
It cannot be repeated too often: God bless the pig!

Status
Not open for further replies.