As a Perique Lover, I Wish I Still Drank!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Title edited for caps. Please read Rule 9!

I gotta know, has anybody had this? It seems like it has so much potential to be either fantastic, or God awful. Either way, I thought this was an interesting choice of brown water. I also wonder how it would be for casing a blend, though I think I prefer the real stuff.
Screenshot_20230523_205559_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
One of those ones that you try to get other people to drink to see what faces they make. I wonder if it smells like perique?
In college I had a friend who would buy the dustiest bottle at the liquor store for every party. He used peer pressure to get us all to take a shot - I was young and weak. I drank quite a bit of shitty liquor, but I didn't mind at the time. I am sure Perique would not be the worst thing I have tasted.

Reactions: anotherbob

Indygrap

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
New Orleans, LA
Sounds interesting. I’ll keep a lookout for it. They had their wholesalers listed but no retailers & they distribute to my state.

Zamora

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2023
Olympia, Washington
I'd definatley try it. Sounds like one of those love it or hate it liqueurs like Fernet Branca. Would be very interesting to make a DIY aromatic with it

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I visited Mark Ryan (previous owner of D&R) at the perique facility in St. James Parish a few years ago and we sat at his kitchen table and had a couple of glasses of Perique. It was actually pretty good and paired well with the cigar he gave me. He was just introducing this cigar that had perique in it.

I wouldn't call Perique a brown water though but mainly it is an absinthe based liqueur. Problem is, it is distilled in France and they apparently do limited production runs and don't ship to the U.S. At least they didn't back when I tried it.