PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I recently bought a bag of Pipeandcigar.com's "Best of the Rest" that smells a bit like a strawberry milkshake. I thought "who in hell would want that smell in their tobacco"? The answer was "enough people that they actually make a tobacco that smells like a strawberry milkshake".
Now, on occasion, I'm struck with a great idea. Usually, the impracticality, legality or sheer stupidity of the notion dissuades me from pursuing it. Nonetheless, I've come up with a few pipe tobacco blends that I'd love to see come to fruition. I invite you to add your own potential favorites to the list.
1. Elderly couple. That unique aroma of your grandmother's house: Mothballs, liniment, home cooking and notes of plastic slipcovers.
2. Old Spice. It's an aftershave, it's a deodorant, it's a pipe tobacco.
3. Gym Bag. But in a good way.
4. Vegan Honeymoon. That sweaty, personal aroma with hints of asparagus and brown rice.
5. Carbureted. A rare scent these days: Carburated 6 cylinder engine exhaust.
6. Woolworth’s. Popcorn, plastic toys, hotdogs and parakeets. A walk down memory lane.
7. Old Hardware Store. Pestacides, paint and bone meal with undertones of fertilizer and weeping dynamite.
8. Spring Thaw (Road Harvest Blossom). That certain something when you combine wildflowers and thawed roadkill.
9. Thursday’s Surprise. When you find out that the trash didn’t get picked up.
10. Tube Set Remember the smell of an old TV or radio warming up? How hard would that be to capture in a Burley-dominated mix?
11. Shoe Store. 'Nuff said.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
woodsroad, it's an olfactory festival! Real high concept thread! Echoing scrapy here. I think

I can come up with a list, but maybe just a few as a down payment.
Black Tea -- that other sweet leaf in its invigorating promise

New Mowed Grass

Steam Locomotive in Hot Wind --

Creek Bottom in Early Summer

New School Supplies

Kentucky River Foggy Morning

Afternoon at the Horse Track

Canvas Tent After Rain

scrapyardape

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 9, 2013
Florida gulfcoast
Another one...
State Fair Gourmet: The enticing aromas of Funnel Cakes, Cotton Candy, Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions, and Deep-fried Twinkies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
State Fair Gourmet: The enticing aromas of Funnel Cakes, Cotton Candy, Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions, and Deep-fried Twinkies.
There's a winner. Variations would include the livestock judging arena, the stripper's tent and the hit-and-miss engine display.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
It's like Pringles, you just can't stop at one.

Aha! See? Another one...
Crappy Snacks A dominance of Doritos with a pinch of Pringles and chunk of Cheetos. Variant would include Latakia-laced Slim Jims.

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I think some of this exist is you just squint a little...
1. Elderly couple. That unique aroma of your grandmother's house: Mothballs, liniment, home cooking and notes of plastic slipcovers.
Lakelands.... Ennerdale
2. Old Spice. It's an aftershave, it's a deodorant, it's a pipe tobacco.
Condor.....
Full Service Filling Station: That unmistakable scent of gasoline and grease with a hint of sweaty mechanic.
SG Black XX Rope..
The scary part is that I like all three of those.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
A Week of Socks Time for laundry, or time for a smoke?
First Girlfriend And she was smokin'
New Car Now your wife won't mind if you smoke in the car
Asphalt N' Rain Mix in a bit of Hot Tar for a special treat

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Buttermilk Burley - Tastes as bad in your pipe as it looks in the pouch

OMG Oriental - Yet another reason to utter that overused phrase

Latin Latakia - Smoky blend flavored with jalapenos for extra bite

scrapyardape

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 9, 2013
Florida gulfcoast
BBQ Pit: Burley, Latakia, Perique, Hickory, and Mesquite. Every tin comes with a complimentary micro-rotisserie that attaches to your pipe... perfect for holding small pieces of meat above your bowl. When you are done smoking, enjoy your custom made snack. :mrgreen:

andrew369

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2013
First Girlfriend And she was smokin'
There is something you can smoke that would fully replicate the smell of my first girlfriend but likely will get arrested for it. :P

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
@Andrew, I think back to HS and how many of us just reeked of recreational burning herbal intake, but nobody in a position of authority seemed to notice.
@boudreaux and scrapyardape, thanks for the big laugh.

scrapyardape

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 9, 2013
Florida gulfcoast
It seems I cannot stop myself. *shakes fist at woodsroad*
Chinese New Year : Hints of Five Spice Powder, Hoisin Sauce, and Spent Gunpowder. Specially formulated to work only in Chinese made corn cob pipes. ;)

Freshly Mowed lawn The bowl will start off at the char with the green hay like scents, and as the bowl progresses you get the lawn mower smells, with the aromas of rows of sun baked dead grass.
Mmmmmmm, my step-dad would love that. He is restricted to setting on his lawn mower in the garage to smoke his pipe in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.