Are You Purchasing More Or Less Tobacco Currently?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

More Or Less Tobacco purchases?

• More

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • Less

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Same

Votes: 33 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
Since I'm new to the hobby, 2019, unless you count that couple years in the 80's I smoked a pipe to stay awake in the patrol car between 0300 and 0500 midnight shift ;) I'm definitely buying more. All of you with nice cellars of bygone brands and YouTube videos discussing the lost blends have had a "marketing" impact on me for sure. I'm stupidly concerned about what I missed out on and realistically concerned about blends skyrocketing in the future, or their accelerated disappearance in/before 2021. With this pandemic respiratory virus, Tobacco has become a smaller concern, but since this topic is about pipe blend purchases I'm continuing to purchase more to cellar, probably at least 25X what I smoke.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
Since I'm new to the hobby, 2019, unless you count that couple years in the 80's I smoked a pipe to stay awake in the patrol car between 0300 and 0500 midnight shift ;) I'm definitely buying more. All of you with nice cellars of bygone brands and YouTube videos discussing the lost blends have had a "marketing" impact on me for sure. I'm stupidly concerned about what I missed out on and realistically concerned about blends skyrocketing in the future, or their accelerated disappearance in/before 2021. With this pandemic respiratory virus, Tobacco has become a smaller concern, but since this topic is about pipe blend purchases I'm continuing to purchase more to cellar, probably at least 25X what I smoke.

I’ve had a similar experience. The pipe world is it’s own hype machine! Get it before it’s gone!

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
I'd love to buy more, but it seems that everything is out of stock, nothing is on sale, and I really don't want to bring packages into the house right now.

Reactions: 3rdguy and BlueMaxx

michail

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 7, 2015
Paros, Greece
The past 2 years I buy lesss tobacco.

I used to smoke a lot more. Now with 1-2 tins/month I buy around 30 tins each time I visit US so I can cellar some too.

Reactions: Casual

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
Less since Covid, Since the economy has stopped and medical costs to the govt have gone up. I can imagine there won’t be much duty free tobacco in the next while. Alas, if that’s my biggest problem right now I should be buying stuff from the BM to help them and the country out...

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Well mine is ending up less for sure. Only because what I am looking to cellar is not being shipped over anytime soon.