PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Personally, absolutely. I think it's naive to think we are the only life in the universe. I also believe, on a scale of 1-10 of intelligence... 1 being something like a single cell organism and 10 being highly intelligent that us humans are probably about a 4. I believe there is extraterrestrial life around the universe throughout the whole scale. I think we've probably been visited by some, just to see what we're up to... living amongst us? I doubt it... if they were intelligent enough to get here, their smart enough to stay the hell away from us.

Jun 25, 2021
England
Absolutely zero chance of any other life out there.
Total fantasy and fruitless speculation.
Some of those Astro scientists are barking mad,
some idiot suggests something and all the rest start to believe it's true.
I have to laugh at some of the crap they come out with.

• Wow
Reactions: Laurent and monty55

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
I’ve never seen UFOs nor anyone I know, but either possibility is staggering. I’ve seen light balls/orbs though. I’d reckon the orbs are souls or spirits, but not craft.

Reactions: Laurent

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
I'd say I beleive we are not alone, though recently I've lessened it a bit. A common feeling is that the universe is so big how could we not be? Though, thinking in relative terms, depending on how big you are our Galaxy could be the size of an atom. If you're even bigger...you get the picture. So, by the very large argument logic, if very small, then probability is very small we are not alone. In the end, who knows!

Reactions: tklee and Laurent

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's unlikely we're distinct in the universe. However, other "forms of intelligent life" might not be recognizable to us at all, including life forms on earth. We have such a problem accepting animal intelligence that mirrors our own so exactly, so how would we perceive non-carbon-based life, for example. We wouldn't and couldn't. We're not quite as intelligent as we think we are (or we think someone else is) so our ability to recognize it when we see it is nearly non-existent. The other barrier is just the scale of the universe. Life forms exactly like us might be out there but lived sixteen million light years ago, so aren't much in touch.

Old_Newby

Jan 1, 2022
Texas
Oh man the tough one. While I believe that with the universe as large as it is the odds of another earth with intelligent life must happen. However I think the Drake equation is to friendly. I feel earth may be the only planet with life in the Milky way. Not 10,000. Earth collided with planet Theia that both knocked it on its axis, and created the moon, but also caused the 24 hour rotation. All 3 were critical for development for life.
On the creation side if you were a god and wanted a faith based system and wanted to create different earths wouldn’t you just place 1 per galaxy?

Jimmy_Jack

Can't Leave
Jun 24, 2021
I have two theories.

1. There is certainly life in the cosmos. Traveling via ship? I dont know. Life exists though for sure.

2. Earth is the planetary equivalent of what Australia was to the Brit’s. We were dumped here because we are less than desirable.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
no idea. However why would we think it would be something we'd recognize easily as life? If it is out there it probably would have evolved under wildly different conditions then we have here and hence be suited for a wildly different set of circumstances. I'll put it this way if there is life out there we'd have more in common with dinosaurs or cave dwelling invertebrates.

JKoD

May 9, 2021
IN
I can’t even believe you think there is an outer space… I mean, how can that be possible when the earth is flat?

?‍♂️

We’ve been making up bullshit (aka - academically known as - theories) for centuries. People have been buying it - or not - for just as long. How do we know what to believe…right…forums.

How will we find out the truth? The same way we find out if Esoterica is worth buying - the experience. (Btw, current flash sale on TP!!).

We have no real comprehension of the size of the universe, let alone what’s in it.

Just kidding about the flash sale. ?