PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Nothing that comes in bulk or that could easily be parsed out for samples, unless a gracious B&M or online retailer was willing to open up some GLP samples for people to try. GLP non lat blends really, looking to try Windjammer, Haddos, Stonehenge etc...
Yeah, I've only been to one place that had some tins opened for sampling. Not everything the sold was available, of course, but they had 6 or 8 tins open if you wanted to try them.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Do some UK tobacconists offer samples for a few p? And are they forbidden to offer free samples as with many states in the US?

I found most B&Ms will sell a half ounce of their bulk stuff so you can try several and then focus on what you like. I did this when I was first starting out and it was a great way to sample a variety. The only exception I found so far is Tinder Box. The one I went to would only sell ounce minimums so I walked out never to return. I will note that their reviews on line are less than stellar as well but that is the one nearest to me.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
Box passes were once popular and a great way to sample different blends that are easily available, some that are hard to get and some that are gone. Check other pipe forums. And yes sometimes a member will package up smaller amounts for a person, either for free or for sale. Keep your eyes peeled. IMO a guy could make some pretty good money selling 10 gram sample packs. In the past I've seen a few douche bags keep the entire box pass and never showed their user face again. Kinda ruined the box pass thing.

Reactions: jwesthurl

jwesthurl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 27, 2022
St. Louis
I’ve had several kind people send me some samples and I bought several samples of stuff that I normally wouldn’t have tried or purchased myself. I hope this will be an ongoing thing, for new people especially, to get exposure to lots of different blends. I am extremely grateful for those that have helped me out because of this thread.

Reactions: scloyd and kola