Are They Not Thinking or Do They Not Care?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

6 Fresh GH.ZHANG Pipes
New Accessories
2 Fresh Sam Cui Pipes
3 Fresh J. Alan Pipes
96 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
None. Although, there had been nonhuman trials, as I understand it, to use the tech as gene therapy to correct genetic defects. These ultimately failed because of immune response, but this in itself gave rise to the idea of using it in lieu of vaccines.
The mRNA vaccines essentially do the same thing as dead or live virus vaccines. Instead of a bit of virus to teach your immune system, the messenger RNA, which is created from copying the virus' RNA is used for the purpose.

Non human trials are always a part of vetting any medication. Just because something works in a frog, doesn't mean it will work with humans, but it's a start, to avoid finding out that some new medication is lethal. Then the med is retested with different species till it's thought to be worth human trials.

The research on mRNA therapies goes back decades. It didn't just show up out of nowhere in 2020. Government subsidies for Coronavirus treatment research were initiated under the Bush administration.

BingBong

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
The mRNA vaccines essentially do the same thing as dead or live virus vaccines. Instead of a bit of virus to teach your immune system, the messenger RNA, which is created from copying the virus' RNA is used for the purpose.

Non human trials are always a part of vetting any medication. Just because something works in a frog, doesn't mean it will work with humans, but it's a start, to avoid finding out that some new medication is lethal. Then the med is retested with different species till it's thought to be worth human trials.

The research on mRNA therapies goes back decades. It didn't just show up out of nowhere in 2020. Government subsidies for Coronavirus treatment research were initiated under the Bush administration.
Unfortunately, the (cytotoxic) spike protein RNA was chosen, whereas there are other fairly harmless segments of the virus which also trigger immune response - it's how the body deals with coronavirii in general. This, coupled with seepage of lipid nanoparticles out of the injection site into the bloodstream, has caused most of the currently known issues with the tech. It has a ways to go, imho.

Reactions: brian64

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I don’t get it. Maybe the lady on the flight got sick the morning of.
Should she cancel her flight?

Airplanes are large germ incubators, everybody knows that.
I’m sorry your wife got sick, but man, when you get on a plane, you’re paying to be a lab rat.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Back in the ancient age when you could smoke on an airplane I assume they ran filtration systems more than now and don't remember anyone getting sick like today.
Since they banned smoking, every time we fly I get something, maybe just a coincident that repeats its self to me.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Also, besides Paxlovid, I suggest taking the OTC expectorant Guaifenesin at the first signs of a cough. This can help keep the cough from getting settled in the chest. You can find it w/ or w/o a cough suppressant at a pharmacy, and I suggest the pill form rather than the liquid syrups (which are for kids and taste horrible).

Reactions: JOHN72

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Unfortunately, the (cytotoxic) spike protein RNA was chosen, whereas there are other fairly harmless segments of the virus which also trigger immune response - it's how the body deals with coronavirii in general. This, coupled with seepage of lipid nanoparticles out of the injection site into the bloodstream, has caused most of the currently known issues with the tech. It has a ways to go, imho.
Well, they chose to base the vaccine on the spike protein, which is unfortunate because it's the part that mutates, while other parts of the virus don't. And considerable research is going on to find a way to disable the virus through other entry points, which so far haven't worked satisfactorily, though reports of progress are promising. In which instance you get a vaccine that works regardless of mutation.
Since the lipid nanoparticles, the messenger RNA, have to travel through the blood stream from the injection site to work, like every other type of vaccine, I'm not sure how this is a problem?
Given that billions of doses have been administered with extremely low rate of severe reaction, measured at .0005% (5 in every million doses) as of September 2023 as compiled by the CDC and other organizations, and mortality rates remain far below those who decline to be vaccinated. Exactly what make this a work in progress?
Can you point me to any non OTC medication that has 0 % side effects? And for that matter, any OTC medications that carry 0% chance of side effects?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
They would absolutely have to kill me to get that shot in my arm.
And you are certainly entitled to your opinion, just not entitled to force it on anyone and nor am I, nor is anyone. Opinions aren't facts.

As for me, I happily took the shot with no concerns. The gills I grew have come in handy for long distance underwater swimming.

BingBong

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
Well, they chose to base the vaccine on the spike protein, which is unfortunate because it's the part that mutates, while other parts of the virus don't. And considerable research is going on to find a way to disable the virus through other entry points, which so far haven't worked satisfactorily, though reports of progress are promising. In which instance you get a vaccine that works regardless of mutation.
Since the lipid nanoparticles, the messenger RNA, have to travel through the blood stream from the injection site to work, like every other type of vaccine, I'm not sure how this is a problem?
Given that billions of doses have been administered with extremely low rate of severe reaction, measured at .0005% (5 in every million doses) as of September 2023 as compiled by the CDC and other organizations, and mortality rates remain far below those who decline to be vaccinated. Exactly what make this a work in progress?
Can you point me to any non OTC medication that has 0 % side effects? And for that matter, any OTC medications that carry 0% chance of side effects?
My understanding is that with trad vaccines, the dose stays local in the upper arm and this is the training ground for the immune system. Circulation is of no benefit.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Not thinking or not care?

You're giving today's humans (in general) too much credit.

Be happy it was only a "rude sneezer". Outright fistfights, attacks on the crew, and nutbag pilots are the new air travel reality:

Since posting that ^^^^ yesterday, "trying to eat a flight attendant" has been added to the list.

rotf

It would be truly funny if Giant Spoiled Brats weren't so common, anymore.