Are They Not Thinking or Do They Not Care?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
2 Fresh Peter Heding Pipes
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
12 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
96 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I'm not an old man, but I hope that by the time I am, I have maintained the courage to accept the uncertainty of my existence.

As we go through this life we learn that there are many important things to be concerned with other than our own demise. The list grows as the years pass.

Fear is the enemy of courage. Courage is currency that funds the good in our world.

There are many things to fear, and thousands of ways to die.

Reactions: Kobold and JOHN72

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Not thinking or not care?

You're giving today's humans (in general) too much credit.

Be happy it was only a "rude sneezer". Outright fistfights, attacks on the crew, and nutbag pilots are the new air travel reality:

Why have people on airplanes decided that their best thinking is to become completely unhinged? How did that psycho get a knife past security?
The FAA needs to be doing more than "looking at" the problem.
Flying hasn't been a pleasure for decades, but now I really hate getting on a plane because I don't know when some deranged passenger will turn psycho.
Is this happening in other countries to anything like this extent, or is this a uniquely American form of insanity?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'm not an old man, but I hope that by the time I am, I have maintained the courage to accept the uncertainty of my existence.

As we go through this life we learn that there are many important things to be concerned with, other than our own demise. The list grows as the years pass.

Fear is the enemy of courage. Courage is currency that funds the good in our world.

There are many things to fear, and thousands of ways to die.
Sure, but you don't have to step in front of a speeding bus.

lraisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
Here's hoping you get better soon.

One to two days before symptoms appear is supposed to be the most contagious. My son and his wife spent the 4th of July holiday with us and two days later, my daughter in law came down with all the classic symptoms and tested positive.

We took an out-of-date test that day and were negative but felt like waiting for the other shoe to drop. Today, we still show negative, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

At my age and state of health, I really don't want this.

I'm celebrating my negative test with some Rattray's Professional mixture in a Ferndown!

BingBong

Apr 26, 2024
London UK
I'm old-school, have to say. Our Ma took us to infection parties as infants, made sure we got the childhood illnesses over and done with at the appropriate time, gave us 100% lifetime protection. I cannot catch measles, mumps, rubella etc, nor give them to anyone else.

I could count the number of inoculations I've had on half a hand; last one was a second tetanus about 40 years ago. Just never bothered with the things. Got a hell of an immune system, though.

If people are getting inoculations and still catching the disease, they should get a refund, imho.

Aug 1, 2012
Also good to remember, there are "carriers" who have no idea they are "carriers." No symptoms/indicators .
So my sister who never showed symptoms of strep but tested positive several times while all her friends got it doesn't exist?

Similarly I've had most COVID symptoms a couple times but never tested positive.

Related to the thread, I have a chronic cough since I ha pneumonia and cough on almost every flight. Doesn't mean I'm sick.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I remember here in Spain, when the pandemic was at its most chaotic, the first thing people bought in supermarkets was toilet paper. I remember I used to buy hand soap in bars, and alcohol, but not toilet paper in large quantities. One neighbor bought tons of frozen chicken, and when the chaos of the pandemic had subsided, she told me that she was exhausted of eating chicken.

Last edited:

LongIslandPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2022
In this strange new world if you sneeze you'll get a "how dare you?" Instead of a "God bless you".
True but if I’m on a plane and sitting next to someone who has a chronic cough its pretty obvious. However that is also my choice to fly commercial and not private. Everyone has to live with their choices and take person responsibility. In today’s culture personal responsibility is not in common practice. Either way i believe in karma so there’s that

LongIslandPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2022
Not thinking or not care?

You're giving today's humans (in general) too much credit.

Be happy it was only a "rude sneezer". Outright fistfights, attacks on the crew, and nutbag pilots are the new air travel reality:

I agree the level of air travel insanity (my terminology) has reached pandemic proportions 🤦‍♂️
Airlines can fix this issue wuick fast and in a jiffy, ban those disruptive on flights for a minimum amount of time and if it escalates to police officer intervention ie:removal or jail time to outright ban across commercial flight ability. People will settle down real fast if they cannot fly commercially

Reactions: sablebrush52

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
Masking will be our practice next time. Yeah, any vaccine that makes it more likely to catch the disease would make it a p*ss-poor vaccine indeed.
I refuse to get into this endless debate, but, the Covid "vaccine" is NOT a vaccine in the typical sense.
A vaccine puts a small amount of a bacteria or virus(dead or almost dead) into your body so your body believes its been infected and creates antibodies to fight the virus/bacteria.
The Covid vaccines "teach" your body to make a protein to trigger an immune response. Before Covid, these Messenger mRNA treatments were NOT called vaccines. They are now so people are more comfortable because most people understand vaccines.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I agree the level of air travel insanity (my terminology) has reached pandemic proportions 🤦‍♂️
Airlines can fix this issue wuick fast and in a jiffy, ban those disruptive on flights for a minimum amount of time and if it escalates to police officer intervention ie:removal or jail time to outright ban across commercial flight ability. People will settle down real fast if they cannot fly commercially
I'd ban for life anyone who initiates, as well as anyone who escalates, a brawl, fight, or physical attack of any sort on a commercial passenger plane. Banning for 2 years for anyone who initiates a verbal attack. No exceptions. Let's have asshole free flights.

Reactions: kanaia

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I refuse to get into this endless debate, but, the Covid "vaccine" is NOT a vaccine in the typical sense.
A vaccine puts a small amount of a bacteria or virus(dead or almost dead) into your body so your body believes its been infected and creates antibodies to fight the virus/bacteria.
The Covid vaccines "teach" your body to make a protein to trigger an immune response. Before Covid, these Messenger mRNA treatments were NOT called vaccines. They are now so people are more comfortable because most people understand vaccines.
There are also Covid 19 vaccines made in the traditional way, like the Noravax vaccine. People have choices. What mRNA "not" vaccines were in use before Covid?

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
It’s both. Mostly of the people I’ve met tend to be oblivious, which is why I don’t rely on them.
I wear an N-95 on flights and in crowds to protect myself from spreaders. Works so far.
Also, taking the vaccine doesn’t make you more likely to become infected. That is some made up anti vax bollucks. The truth is that it will turn you into a bunny rabbit.
A bunny rabbit, or a rabid bunny ?

1720728647733.png

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72

BingBong

Apr 26, 2024
London UK
There are also Covid 19 vaccines made in the traditional way, like the Noravax vaccine. People have choices. What mRNA "not" vaccines were in use before Covid?
None. Although, there had been nonhuman trials, as I understand it, to use the tech as gene therapy to correct genetic defects. These ultimately failed because of immune response, but this in itself gave rise to the idea of using it in lieu of vaccines.

Reactions: sablebrush52