Are They Not Thinking or Do They Not Care?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Brigham Pipes
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
12 Fresh Barling Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
2 Fresh Sam Cui Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
The wife was returning from Wisconsin during which she sat next to a woman who was coughing and hacking all sorts of respiratory effluvia the entire flight from Milwaukee to Charlotte. Predictably my wife tested positive for COVID a day after her return and although we observed the appropriate protocols now I have COVID, I'm immuno-compromised so this is not a situation to take lightly. We're both up to date with our vaccinations so hopefully our cases will be mild. We'll probably never know how many other folks on that plane were infected. I am continually disappointed by the selfish acts of others.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It’s both. Mostly of the people I’ve met tend to be oblivious, which is why I don’t rely on them.
I wear an N-95 on flights and in crowds to protect myself from spreaders. Works so far.
Also, taking the vaccine doesn’t make you more likely to become infected. That is some made up anti vax bollucks. The truth is that it will turn you into a bunny rabbit.

Last edited:

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
The wife was returning from Wisconsin during which she sat next to a woman who was coughing and hacking all sorts of respiratory effluvia the entire flight from Milwaukee to Charlotte. Predictably my wife tested positive for COVID a day after her return and although we observed the appropriate protocols now I have COVID, I'm immuno-compromised so this is not a situation to take lightly. We're both up to date with our vaccinations so hopefully our cases will be mild. We'll probably never know how many other folks on that plane were infected. I am continually disappointed by the selfish acts of others.
Call your doctor for Paxlovid. The sooner you start the better.

Reactions: lraisch and JOHN72

LongIslandPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2022
This is a perfect example of why memes get made in T-shirts. Inconsiderate people suck. What’s more disturbing is they are only increasing in population 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_0325.jpeg
    IMG_0325.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: instymp

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
I hope you recover fully and quickly. I've had to fly with the flu once pre-covid era. We had been on vacation for over a week and my wife came down with it two days before our scheduled return flight. Sure enough I was probably in full bloom on that flight. Honestly we both just wanted to get home ASAP. I suppose that could have been considered selfish however it would have been monetarily prohibitive to have extended.

Every time I climb in a tube in the air I am quite aware of the risks especially now. I don't expect a sudden cabin decompression but I do expect exposure to airborne flora.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Not thinking or not care?

You're giving today's humans (in general) too much credit.

Be happy it was only a "rude sneezer". Outright fistfights, attacks on the crew, and nutbag pilots are the new air travel reality:

• Wow
Reactions: newbroom and JOHN72

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
Unfortunately, in this country at least, questions of airborne illnesses and how best to avoid spreading them have been subsumed in a ridiculous so-called culture war where even the most quotidian circumstances are viewed as potential battlefields to try one's honor and fight for their chosen side in order to settle for good and all who can be the most insufferable and gullible boors in existence. Other examples of the mundane being annexed in this war include, but are not limited to, the weather, Christmas, and Keurig coffee machines.

In such a world, wearing a mask, or drinking the "wrong" beer, or applauding the "right" joke, are all actions in a greater combat, and as far as the belligerents in this skirmish are concerned, nobody can be neutral. Victory, in their eyes at least, affords them the coveted mantle of most perfect victim. And it is a title they have duly earned, at least according to those rank propagandists whose every effort is devoted to keeping them as mad as possible. Anger is money, after all. And a fool and his money...