PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

wayneteipen

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
All my racks are bowl down and not all my pipes are stored in racks. I don't notice any effect in how they smoke.

The one thing that is wrong with pipe racks is that the hole in the ones with holes for the stems instead of notches are a real bugger to get bent pipes in and out of. I altered some of my racks with holes by cutting the holes into notches. Like Harris mentioned, most racks seem to be tailored for smaller, straight pipes.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Jesse, of all the people I know, I would have never thought that you would keep your pipes so poorly. How the hell do they breath. Here is a pic of the ultimate pipe rack, It is made of Burlwood, holds 35 pipes, has 3 holes on each side so pipes can breath and best of all I stole it for a 200.00 in a trade form Cuban cigars. It had a retail of around 2200.00 and that was back in 2000. They haven't made this rack in years.
This is a stock pic: The rack is made by Savinelli.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Jesse, of all the people I know, I would have never thought that you would keep your pipes so poorly. How the hell do they breath. Here is a pic of the ultimate pipe rack, It is made of Burlwood, holds 35 pipes, has 3 holes on each side so pipes can breath and best of all I stole it for a 200.00 in a trade form Cuban cigars. It had a retail of around 2200.00 and that was back in 2000. They haven't made this rack in years.
This is a stock pic:
Harris,

Are you sitting down? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your pipes don't breathe. They dead.

Pretty reliquary by the way.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
That’s the one you can meet the Craigslist guy behind the bakery at midnight to check out!

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
I've always wondered why anyone, myself included, doesn't display their pipes just as the brick and mortar tobacconists of old (remember those?) used to. They had the pipes mounted on a wall, held with some sort of rubber thing gripping the shank. The pipe then appeared in silhouette, which I prefer. But each to his own solution, I say. I've got all kinds of crap for pipe smokerly display, and am somewhat jaded in looking at it, in any event. Glenn Ford, actor guy of yore:

glenn ford.jpg

Spa32

Oct 2, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
You can still purchase that rack in their shop in Milan. I was there in 2019.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I've always wondered why anyone, myself included, doesn't display their pipes just as the brick and mortar tobacconists of old (remember those?) used to. They had the pipes mounted on a wall, held with some sort of rubber thing gripping the shank.

Fishing rod "grips". I ordered a bunch of them when thinking about making a display / holder for my pipes. Since then I've gotten a few traditional racks but the idea of displaying them is still lingering. I've seen them like that at B & M's in my area.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
That's actually not a bad idea. It would keep mine safe from overly enthusiastic play when my dogs get excited. Wagging tails become deadly weapons.
same with my cats tail. He's nine pounds and yet his tail can thump things with ferocity. He's knocked over full water glasses with his tail. I've thought he smacked me with his paw looked down and then realized nope his tail just whaped me. He also likes curling it around your arm, which is pretty cool. And again he's tiny like 9 pounds looks like a older kitten not a cat.

Reactions: romaso

NC TX ID pipeman

Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
I rarely smoke aromatic tobaccos and rarely have any moisture in a good briar pipe after smoking..In some cheaper pipes I do have just a hair of moisture...The only pipes i have moisture are system pipes which needs to be cleaned right away-sucking that reservoir out before you lay your pipe on the side...Otherwise its a mess ...Pipe with stem up only for me...I like to look at my pipes this way and it makes sense...

Reactions: anotherbob