New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Mar 1, 2014
For this week I'm chiselling my way through DOOM Eternal: Ancient Gods on Nightmare.
Given that I'm sweating at the end of every session I'd say DOOM Eternal is right up there with Ring Fit in the "Exercise Game" genre.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
I’ve been playing video games since Atria, Sega, etc., and mastering Donkey Kong in the arcades as a kid... ha. I moved up to PCs/iMacs, as well as Xbox, PlayStation, Wii, etc., and all of their newer renditions. I now mostly play them on my iPhone and iPad. It’s amazing how far they’ve come from the days of Pong ?

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Funny I've always glossed over this thread as I'm not much of a gamer. But recently I've been bitten by the nostalgic bug for Command & Conquer Red Alert. I would love to find a copy of that somewhere and play that again.

Cncra-win-cover.jpg

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
Funny I've always glossed over this thread as I'm not much of a gamer. But recently I've been bitten by the nostalgic bug for Command & Conquer Red Alert. I would love to find a copy of that somewhere and play that again.

Cncra-win-cover.jpg
This site appears to have a free download of the game.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
Recently downloaded Tony Hawk Pro Skater for PS4 ...huge nostalgia factor for me and also is still a really fun game to play. Also been playing a side-scroller called "Soldner X2" that plays more like an old school NES/SNES game but has sweet PS4 graphics ...been trying to get away from playing GTA online haha --I want to find more casual games that would be conducive to playing while smoking my pipe.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
PC Geek here, I run Slackware Linux and Windows 10 LTSC Enterprise on my computer, Windows is only for gaming.

Been PC gaming 20 years and I build my computers.

Extreme Apex Legends Junkie here, Level 500 1900 hours....

I play Apex daily! :)

Reactions: danimalia

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Not as much as I used to. I recently played through Total Annihilation, both sides, all difficulty levels and missions, for the umpteenth time. It came out in 1997 but is just as much fun now as it was then. Nearly perfect play balance.

Apart from that, DCS, but that’s more of a sim than a game.

Reactions: danimalia

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I like video games. Life is busy, but it is a great way to relax. Since my retirement plan involves moving to the hinterlands of Wyoming, I told my wife I am going to game now and read from our extensive (really extensive) book collection once I retire and we have bad internet. My favorite games are not new and in no particular order:

Sid Meier Civ V (don't like 6)
World of Warcraft (Classic lately)
Any iteration of Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, from NES to PC
Sid Meiers Pirates
7 Days to Die
Master of Orion 2
Star Wars Rebellion
Minecraft (with the kids/nephews and nieces)
Setters of Cataan online
Left for Dead 1 & 2
Age of Empires 1,2, or3