PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Smokes okay? Yard pipe, car pipe, travel pipe. I'd hang onto it. Also, the weird name is interesting. Sardinian.

Reactions: cosgringo

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
Any ideas on where to get a replacement stem to fit this bowl? It was a mess when I got it and well- I screwed up putting it in vinegar and it looks like a 76 Pacer left on the beach.

• Haha
Reactions: Elric

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
HEY THANKS ALL. I think this untraceable Rossi is getting there. I believe the 3 day vinegar bath may have been a big save.
Even this low grade Amphora is tasting okay. Using that to break it in for now.
Not the funky booze flavor I had used before which seemed to be more of covering it up vs. cleaning it up.
I do not think I shall even bother doing that again on this pipe as it seems "clean" for now.

THANKS!

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
Lastly- the stem was saved. I don't know why after the vinegar soak it looked "86"'d. I polished it up with Murphys, beeswax, etc. - looks fine and is still hanging in there. All good and thanks for the help.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Love the BMD, just stunning dogs. Our Belgian Tervuren is probably in his last year or so, going to be crushing when he goes.
My 50kg Rottie lived to 14yo. At 12yo I knew he was on borrowed time.
At 12 1/2yo the vet had the 'We have to start thinking of what's right for him' talk. Man I was so choked up.

He wasn't ill, he was old. Cannabis oil helped his arthritis & he was a happy boy who still enjoyed life.
Just thinking about losing him would bring a tear. No way could I put him to sleep.

So I handed it to the Universe & her agents to look after him. It was like a weight had been lifted.
The religious would hand the problem to God & the Angels. Same thing.

18 months later he woke early & I took him outside. We lay on the lawn & watched the sunrise.
Told him that it was okay, that I'd be alright. To be waiting for me when it's my turn.
With that he laid down his head, took a breath & passed. It was so peaceful.

May that sense of peace pass over you also.

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
That's pretty heavy. I had to have my doggie helped along. She was in horrific pain. I could not get her pain meds and I ended up having to give her mine until I got the right person to do what had to be done at my home where she would be most comfortable. Pathetic I had to give my dog narcotics from my own scrips ( I am a chronic pain patient from spine issues/failed fusions).

She had cancer throughout her and she was in significant pain even with dogs interpolating pain much different than people. She would want the oxymorphone when I put the pill near her- that's how you know your dog is suffering. Dogs don't like medicine normally.

It was very difficult but it was the best way I've come to realize to help your dog along via a caring understanding professional vet that comes to your home. They have folks that is all they do. Rough job but there was a ton of compassion and where I live- nearly everyone has a dog so I was lucky to have a lot of support and knowledge on the matter. I still have my pal over my mantle (her ashes, tuft of hair, paw print). I know I really need to bury her soon in her yard.

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
Actually gin works wonders. I was very skeptical about this but Johnny Pipe Cleaner used it on his meerschaum with some success so I tried it out on a rather musty 'cutty' and was the result was nothing short of spectacular.
Though if I have to smell juniper at all that may not sit well for me. I can't get over the shots of Beefeater when I was 17 with my buddy- ugh. Though I would consider Chopin.

Status
Not open for further replies.