PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimpeur

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Lucky for me, my mind is not large enough to think many thoughts at once.
You want to mock every, and I mean every traditional belief in one fell swoop (of one religion, mind you), and have it approved by the cabal of world Olympic overlords as okay?
That’s okay, just like it’s okay for me say fuck them, and fuck the Olympics.
I was a 12 year old in Lake Placid in 1980. I know what Olympics are, and aren’t.
This is literally beyond belief.

You were never actually a twelve year old, were you!?
I always imagined a bolt of lightning hitting the ground, when the smoke cleared, there you were, smoking Dark Plug in a BST...

jackattack

Might Stick Around
Jun 15, 2024
Austin, TX
They've been DMCA striking the clips of drag Jesus from YouTube and issued an apology. I think they misunderstood the demographic that actually watches the Olympics. Virtue-signaling only works when the audience has similar values.

Dec 6, 2019
Dixieland
They've been DMCA striking the clips of drag Jesus from YouTube and issued an apology. I think they misunderstood the demographic that actually watches the Olympics. Virtue-signaling only works when the audience has similar values.

They sure have been hiding. I had only seen still shots of it, so earlier I was trying to find it... It's still out there but it's hidden.

I shouldnt have, as that just gives these people the attenion they seek. It's hard not to watch a train crash though.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
This is literally beyond belief.

You were never actually a twelve year old, were you!?
I always imagined a bolt of lightning hitting the ground, when the smoke cleared, there you were, smoking Dark Plug in a BST...
Fair point and valid question.
Entirely possible it’s an implanted memory.

grimpeur

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
It would be good to focus on events and athletes you have reason to cheer for.

Enough outrage from some; enough virtue signaling from others.
Amen! This is one of the few times I get to watch cycling in a velodrome.

It's the French (and I'm half-French), they do things differently. Sometimes it's wonderful, Jacques Tati, Citroën DS. Sometimes it's odd...Jerry Lewis getting a Légion d'Honneur for comedy.
*Gallic shrug*

Reactions: jpmcwjr and jpberg
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I wouldn't stop watching a great movie because there was a horrible commercial shown in the middle of it. Boycotting the entire Olympics because of the asinine debacle in the opening ceremony doesn't make any sense to me. But to each their own. There are numerous Christian athletes that still participated.

• Love
Reactions: fightnhampster

milk

Lifer
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
I’m only watching women’s boxing. Just kidding. I caught some men’s basketball and women’s gymnastics. Volleyball is entertaining. What else? Badminton.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Watching the ladies hockey as I type. Holland v Argentina.
Jolly hockey sticks!

Status
Not open for further replies.